• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

were to sell? White Greyhound of Richmond 2021 UK One Ounce Gold Proof Coin

Augustus1

so guys , as gold is high now , were is a good / safe place to sell this coin , tried here no luck  ! i don't want to blow my brains entirely on it but consider i won't get my 2.5 K purchase price back! ( under stand i probably have not held it long enough but i ant getting any younger 😁) i know of a few dealer who are around here  like atkinsons  etc, any other suggestions ( not keen on e bay unless its face to face , wont send it anywhere)

dean.m

if you can't sell it here it might be that it's overpriced, I haven't looked into your specific coin. The forum has been a bit slow buying some of my coins as well at the moment so might be that there isn't enough cash going around at the moment.

I usually find the forum ends up being the best place to get a reasonable price, Ebay is slightly more but with fees and scammers it's usually not worth it.

The forum is a great place to buy coins. I doubt if it's as good a place to sell thanks to all these charitable members selling pristine proofs at spot (and especially when spot is low)

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

7 hours ago, Augustus1 said:

so guys , as gold is high now , were is a good / safe place to sell this coin , tried here no luck  ! i don't want to blow my brains entirely on it but consider i won't get my 2.5 K purchase price back! ( under stand i probably have not held it long enough but i ant getting any younger 😁) i know of a few dealer who are around here  like atkinsons  etc, any other suggestions ( not keen on e bay unless its face to face , wont send it anywhere)

dean.m

Hi Dean

I think your best bet will be here for getting the best overall price.  

Proofs can be tricky, but maybe if you drop the price a little or invite offers you might get somewhere near a price you are looking for.

Dealers often don’t offer that much more than bullion for some proofs, hence the forum is good.

All the best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

think there is lots of competition here for sales and i agree (SeverinDigsSovereigns) its a good place to buy not necessary to sell!, i did lower the price and to include SD, thing is as i said i don't want to blow my brains with it but i think it been over 2 K limits it market in this financial climate, and will just put it back in the safe its just i collected the quarter ounce set and bought this on a whim, wish i had bought the completer proof!😁

i may give it another go here ,  i would wait for 80% or free sellers fee and only do face to face on e bay.

dean.m

On 05/12/2023 at 11:20, Augustus1 said:

dean.m

I think the Royal Mint has spammed its fanbase a might too much recently with proof upon proof release and all got a bit boring. I think you'd take a chunky hit selling the coin atm. Have you thought about trading it for something you'd prefer, sovs, silver ect? A chance of holding onto more of the coins original value possibly that way.

Edited by CazLikesCoins
typoos

16 hours ago, CazLikesCoins said:

I think the Royal Mint has spammed its fanbase a might too much recently with proof upon proof release and all got a bit boring. I think you'd take a chunky hit selling the coin atm. Have you thought about trading it for something you'd prefer, sovs, silver ect? A chance of holding onto more of the coins original value possibly that way.

hi thanks , no i had not considered trading! only as i am now knocking 70 i think its time to" cash in", i mean its probably not the best time to sell? and yes it would have been to expensive when i bought it from the mint, and yes i think they have flooded the proof market too , also i don't think i have not held it long enough, i mean i have full sovereigns that i have had for years  that stand me at £150 so may be i move them instead for the gain. 

dean,m

4 hours ago, Augustus1 said:

hi thanks , no i had not considered trading! only as i am now knocking 70 i think its time to" cash in", i mean its probably not the best time to sell? and yes it would have been to expensive when i bought it from the mint, and yes i think they have flooded the proof market too , also i don't think i have not held it long enough, i mean i have full sovereigns that i have had for years  that stand me at £150 so may be i move them instead for the gain. 

dean,m

Whatever way you choose I wish you all the best.