• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Worth grading this florin?

Nice coin, there has been a lot of good Edward VII florins and halfcrowns at auctions recently and they have sold well given there doesn' t seem to have been much available for a while.

Personally I have now decided to slab everything up to and including George V as the best prices are selling to the US and Far East markets as they seem to prefer slabbed coins (probably easiest via Ebay) providing the coin is MS62 or better, with MS64 seeming to command a decent premium and the odd MS66, or top graded example, going for silly money! If it would grade lower than this then I don't think it is worth the extra cost.

ST

Cheers guys, Im not sure how this would grade really. coin auction might be a good way to go, id just like fair value for it really. anyone want to hazard a guess at value? I'm thinking £80-£100

Edit* just reread what HH said, if auction fees are silly prob wouldn't be worth it. Maybe ebay is the best place..

9 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

It could be too late to submit.  

Live auction fees do make ebay appear reasonable though.

I've never sold at auction (other than ebay) but when I have looked up selling fees, they've varied quite a lot from reasonable to too high when you consider the 18 - 25% buyer's premium as well!

Mus tbe a lucrative business:D

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

29 minutes ago, Clens92 said:

No, Spink is pie in the sky as a price guide.  I find Chris Perkins' guides very accurate - he collates online data to inform prices which seems fairly sensible.

No, I didn't think so. Spink is more price that coins dealers will sell at, so retail, really.

So you'd expect this Chris Perkins guide to be accurate when selling on ebay then;)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

5 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

No, I didn't think so. Spink is more price that coins dealers will sell at, so retail, really.

So you'd expect this Chris Perkins guide to be accurate when selling on ebay then;)

Certainly on pre-decimal sterling coinage, yes.  I've made some good buys and better sales using it.

It is a little bit out on gold though, but which book isn't when it's moving £100/oz every couple of months :lol:

• 6 months later...

Archived