• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Jewellery

KPW82

32 minutes ago, KPW82 said:

I was thinking here or ebay 🤣 if they were just gold it would be easy to work out a value but the diamonds on some of the bits confuses the situation.

If the diamonds are large single stones than be worth something on the gold weight. If they are little things, worth nothing. Remember no one puts a good diamond in 9ct gold. Good diamonds go in 18ct gold and above. Could be 15ct if American jewellery. 

Photos would be useful. 

Like Leon said, Jewellery does not sell for a premium on this forum. 

Never Chase and Never Regret 

52 minutes ago, Spyder said:

.....Good diamonds go in 18ct gold and above. Could be 15ct if American jewellery. 

I have never seen 15ct american jewellery. They make high standard quality in 18ct, regular quality in 12ct and the most affordable for people in 10ct.

15ct gold was used as legal gold standard only in British empire during Victorian, Edwardian and early Georgian eras. 

If I am wrong, I do apologise, but all the 15ct gold pieces I have seen were british.

1 hour ago, Spyder said:

If the diamonds are large single stones than be worth something on the gold weight. If they are little things, worth nothing. Remember no one puts a good diamond in 9ct gold. Good diamonds go in 18ct gold and above. Could be 15ct if American jewellery. 

Photos would be useful. 

Like Leon said, Jewellery does not sell for a premium on this forum. 

I'll add some pictures this evening, I think they are all mostly 18ct+, I'll check some hallmarks and see what's what. 

Get it valued first and work your way from there. Most auction houses have a valuation day and don't think they charge for it. 

https://www.peacockauction.co.uk/valuations/valuation-days/

I'm not overly sure what the crack is with selling diamonds with out the certificate but I am sure they will let you know. 

1 hour ago, stefffana said:

I have never seen 15ct american jewellery. They make high standard quality in 18ct, regular quality in 12ct and the most affordable for people in 10ct.

15ct gold was used as legal gold standard only in British empire during Victorian, Edwardian and early Georgian eras. 

If I am wrong, I do apologise, but all the 15ct gold pieces I have seen were british.

You are correct Steffan 

I was thinking about 585 and of cause it is 14ct and not 15ct which is used in the US and Russia and in other continental countries.

15ct was the British before the value became too expensive and they went over to 9ct for everyday jewellery.

6 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Get it valued first and work your way from there. Most auction houses have a valuation day and don't think they charge for it. 

https://www.peacockauction.co.uk/valuations/valuation-days/

I'm not overly sure what the crack is with selling diamonds with out the certificate but I am sure they will let you know. 

I think this is the best option to be fair, I'll have a look around 👍

1 hour ago, Leonmarsh said:

What prices you thinking on them? 

Interested in the chains and bracelets 

Not sure yet Leon, need to get a price for them. Will let you know when I do if you want?

You have some very nice jewellery there. I would be interested in some. I mostly buy solid chains and rings. 

That ring with the big stone, if diamond, you need to get a valuation from a good Jewellers. See what they offer and after know that it is worth more.

The earrings would be just bullion weight.  The locket if all gold should do well above spot price.