• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Half Sovereigns

Hi I know this might be a bit of a long shot but I’m looking at buying 15 half sovereigns in bulk. Would prefer to buy them all together simply to reduce postage costs. 

Any mixed year sovereign is fine as long as they’re not the coppery ones and in decent condition, no ex jewellery or major dents/scratches. Also not looking for any special year sovereign. 

Many thanks. 

Edited by SovereignStacker4

21 minutes ago, SovereignStacker4 said:

Hi I know this might be a bit of a long shot but I’m looking at buying 15 half sovereigns in bulk. Would prefer to buy them all together simply to reduce postage costs. 

Any mixed year sovereign is fine as long as they’re not the coppery ones and in decent condition, no ex jewellery or major dents/scratches. Also not looking for any special year sovereign. 

Many thanks. 

Gerrards have halves in stock, possibly enough for you.  Not especially cheap - they'll be north of £200 each at current spot, but their premium isn't extortionate.

Too late.  Somebody just hoovered them.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

1 minute ago, Silverlocks said:

Gerrards have halves in stock, possibly enough for you.  Not especially cheap - they'll be north of £200 each at current spot, but their premium isn't extortionate.

Too late.  Somebody just hoovered them.

Ah no worries lol was hoping I’d be able to get them a bit cheaper on here but probably a bad time to be looking given the spot price. Thanks for the heads up though! 

Due to the RMDS insurance up to £2500, they will probably be posted in two packages.  

Maybe buy from two or three sellers on here.

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

1 minute ago, Spyder said:

Due to the RMDS insurance up to £2500, they will probably be posted in two packages.  

Maybe buy from two or three sellers on here.

Ah good point!

I would be willing to split them and pay for postage on each because of that reason but would also be happy to buy from 2 or so sellers like you said. 

Maybe you could offer me some help, I was looking at offering £190 per sovereign but not sure if that’s a cheeky price or fair? 

I’ve seen Atkinsons offering £188 per sovereign at current spot price so I would be offering £2 more per sov + paying postage. Would this be a fair price? Don’t want to be insulting with my offers 

6 minutes ago, SovereignStacker4 said:

Maybe you could offer me some help, I was looking at offering £190 per sovereign but not sure if that’s a cheeky price or fair? 

I’ve seen Atkinsons offering £188 per sovereign at current spot price so I would be offering £2 more per sov + paying postage. Would this be a fair price? Don’t want to be insulting with my offers 

Your a day or two late I'm afraid, spot on a half is now £186
image.png.8079797a51419f4d090a098fb35e2acc.png

You should expect to pay a minimum of £10 over spot mate, more likely £15+ from dealers

Edited by Orpster

This is your current dealer benchmark I would say, and these are secondary market not the Chards 'minty' listing.

I think if you get anything under £200 you will be doing well, though the fact you want multiple helps

image.thumb.png.3cbdb72d7425ba9366738809f5931b22.png

Their buy price you mean? I'm afraid no one will sell you gold at a bullion dealers buy price unless they've stolen it lol

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

5 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Your a day or two late I'm afraid, spot on a half is now £186
image.png.8079797a51419f4d090a098fb35e2acc.png

You should expect to pay a minimum of £10 over spot mate, more likely £15+ from dealers

Ahh I think I might be being a little bit optimistic with my pricing. I was maybe hoping for a bulk discount deal or something but even then maybe a little optimistic. 

I think I’ll take this post down and hope spot price goes in my favour and try again another day. 

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated! 

Just now, SovereignStacker4 said:

Ahh I think I might be being a little bit optimistic with my pricing. I was maybe hoping for a bulk discount deal or something but even then maybe a little optimistic. 

I think I’ll take this post down and hope spot price goes in my favour and try again another day. 

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated! 

If you were asking last week mate, you would have been looking a lot less, thats the market for you though I'm afraid

Can not remember, but was it you who sold 4 Sovereigns earlier.  You did not keep an eye on the spot price and sold them at almost spot price. Two half sell for more than one sovereigns. Maybe you should have offered to swap the full for half rather then have sold.

I have done a quick search and the cheapest I can find now is about £198 each

Never Chase and Never Regret 

2 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Can not remember, but was it you who sold 4 Sovereigns earlier.  You did not keep an eye on the spot price and sold them at almost spot price. Two half sell for more than one sovereigns. Maybe you should have offered to swap the full for half rather then have sold.

I have done a quick search and the cheapest I can find now is about £198 each

Yes that was me🤦‍♂️ can you tell I’m very good at this gold selling business 😅 

I have a few full sovereigns that I’ll perhaps offer to exchange them for some halfs if anyone’s interested and with the money I got from the other sovereigns I’ll put to one side and buy some halfs when spot goes down so no big loss. 

4 minutes ago, SovereignStacker4 said:

I have a few full sovereigns that I’ll perhaps offer to exchange them for some halfs if anyone’s interested and with the money I got from the other sovereigns I’ll put to one side and buy some halfs when spot goes down so no big loss. 

I wouldn't sweat having sold at £375 a pop mate, its less than a week since Tavex were selling the same coins for £366.
Spot goes up and down, if your holding for the long term a few quid here or there means nothing.  Nice to save on a deal of course but in the grand scheme I personally care more about weight and quality than cost

6 minutes ago, SovereignStacker4 said:

What full sovs you got mate?

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

8 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I wouldn't sweat having sold at £375 a pop mate, its less than a week since Tavex were selling the same coins for £366.
Spot goes up and down, if your holding for the long term a few quid here or there means nothing.  Nice to save on a deal of course but in the grand scheme I personally care more about weight and quality than cost

Very true. My plans are definitely long term, I just gotta stop changing my mind every 2 seconds on what I wanna stack 😅