• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

✨ Auctions ✨

✨ Auctions ✨   

12 members have voted

1. 1. What would make you more likely to bid in an auction?

• Large bulk auctions
    • Single piece auctions
    • Short two or three day running
    • Longer 4 to 6 days running
    • Auctions that end on the weekend
    • Auctions that end during the week
    • Auctions that end earlier in the evening
    • Auctions that end later in the evening

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/10/23 at 19:00

45 minutes ago, JamesH said:

To be honest with you Panda, fewer auctions may conjure greater interest. Personally, there are so many at the minute, I don’t really engage with them

I actually agree… it’s terrible time constraints on my end. 

🚩 Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/StackingUK . More content coming. Please Like & Subscribe.
Please be sure to FOLLOW me on The Silver Forum to not miss great deals or to just find that coin that got away. 

Can only vote for one option.

As a non-premium member, longer auction times allow us to see them before they finish.  (Premium members may see that as a negative!)

I generally prefer single items.  Tubes are way out my league.  Bundles often contain one or more items that I've already got or don't particularly want.

And lastly, I'm almost never online late enough to win an 8pm finish auction.  I'd prefer a 'daytime' finish.  But I suspect I'm in the minority with that one!

As the old saying goes, you can't please all of the people, all of the time. :)  

I agree with what the other guys have said. Perhaps too many auctions and we can't always be online when they finish

Perhaps if there was more consistent timing so we knew when auctions would end, that might work better but honestly IDK. The internet tells me the best time to finish auctions is between 6-9pm Friday-Sunday but how that translates to TSF I'm not sure. When is peak traffic, around 7pm?

Your auctions recently have coincided with a dip in spot price and a dip in sales generally. I think perhaps you saturated the market. As you said it's mostly the same people bidding and winning the auctions and many auctions go for a good price (from buyer's POV). There are several I would have liked to win and would have bid more had I been there at the right time

For a number of your items the price on eBay is a lot higher than here. I've said this before not related to your auctions but auctions in general on TSF - they don't tend to attract higher prices than regular sales listings or indeed eBay auctions.

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

7 hours ago, JamesH said:

To be honest with you Panda, fewer auctions may conjure greater interest. Personally, there are so many at the minute, I don’t really engage with them

same here, TBH i much prefer straight sales with set prices but also there is probably the 'market' factor as sales in general are down across the board atm

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

The good thing about auctions is that you get a free bump to the top. When I tried to sell something a while back I was in page three within a blink of an eye. Some members need to have their own trade page like the others I think. 

The bad thing about a auction is that most members on here are of a certain age and probably log on for a few minutes whilst on the toilet. Maybe put off buy the constant attention it requires. 

1 hour ago, Bigmarc said:

The good thing about auctions is that you get a free bump to the top. When I tried to sell something a while back I was in page three within a blink of an eye. Some members need to have their own trade page like the others I think. 

The bad thing about a auction is that most members on here are of a certain age and probably log on for a few minutes whilst on the toilet. Maybe put off buy the constant attention it requires. 

Certain age? Log on and see the start on a Monday, by the end on a Friday have forgotten about it or had to got to bed early🤔😮🫢