• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

new and need some help

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I just have a few questions. they are technical. so I was looking around  and I want to get some 1g of gold bars to start with gold. I'm working with a small budget that's why I'm going with grams and I don't have any gold. will regular grams of gold fit in this tube/case?

https://www.apmex.com/product/163232/1-gram-silver-bar-geiger-original-series-tube-holds-30-bars

I honestly don't know. ill get this if regular grams will fit 

• Founder & Administrator

The item you linked is for silver bars. Maybe they will fit depending on the type of bar you get. Gold is more dense than silver, so gold has smaller overall dimensions than silver.

I believe (though another member please correct me if I am mistaken) that most 1g gold bars in blister packs are all around the same size of a credit card.

Something like this might work well for blister 1g gold cards? https://www.apmex.com/product/91861/25-count-valcambi-suisse-storage-box-for-bars-used

If collecting 1g carded/blister packs of gold then any business card holder should work fine (as long as they are mostly all that size)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

3 hours ago, BLACKCENTAUR said:

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I just have a few questions. they are technical. so I was looking around  and I want to get some 1g of gold bars to start with gold. I'm working with a small budget that's why I'm going with grams and I don't have any gold. will regular grams of gold fit in this tube/case?

https://www.apmex.com/product/163232/1-gram-silver-bar-geiger-original-series-tube-holds-30-bars

I honestly don't know. ill get this if regular grams will fit 

No they certainly won't fit in that sir. As @ChrisSilver says, the 1 gram gold come in blister packs approx the size of a credit card. Most gold brands do there own storage options though.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Carded bars are 86mm x 54mm, you will be better to keep them carded rather than remove them as it does impact value.  

Try googling PAMP storage box (a number of others also make them), in the UK I would buy from Bullion by Post but not sure where to suggest in the US

I know you said you are working to a budget but just be aware that buying gold in 1g form is a very expensive way to do it. You may get alot of that premium back if you sell or not depending on how you sell it.
You could look at saving up and invest in larger sizes when you have enough put away. You can also buy unallocated gold with a trusted company to do the same kind of thing. 
look at the prices for 1/10oz coins or 1/4oz and 1oz  and see how much you are paying per gram vs 1g bars.  just a thought 

Aaaahhh😉

what if I just bought grams with out an assay card? would the gold fit or not? is it too tall? i tried to find just the same tube/case for gold but i could only find silver. i was trying to use that as a visual example. i would get this if I would be able to store gold in one and have the case/tube close properly.

15 minutes ago, BLACKCENTAUR said:

what if I just bought grams with out an assay card? would the gold fit or not? is it too tall? i tried to find just the same tube/case for gold but i could only find silver. i was trying to use that as a visual example. i would get this if I would be able to store gold in one and have the case/tube close properly.

Yeah it would fit without the blister packs, a gold gram will be smaller than a silver gram.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

If you are buying 1g gold out of Assay, you might as well put them in a coin capsule+Foam ring because they are already handled.
A good place(regrets saying this) is Flea-Bay for containers specifically for generic Assay cards. About $20.Or you may have a local coin shop will do a deal if you buy a couple of 1g bars.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024