• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen's Beasts red dragon of Wales gold coin

AR03

It will depend on the grade no doubt. I haven't seen many for sale in any case, and there's one on eBay for £8800 which is a bit ridiculous. But if you're rich enough and really want something surely price is the last thing to come to  mind?

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

1 hour ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

It will depend on the grade no doubt. I haven't seen many for sale in any case, and there's one on eBay for £8800 which is a bit ridiculous. But if you're rich enough and really want something surely price is the last thing to come to  mind?

Thank you, not looking for graded ones but I know they are very scarce now, and no way I will pay 8k for it 😅

Were the design same for bullion and Proof dragon coins? 

25 minutes ago, AR03 said:

Thank you, not looking for graded ones but I know they are very scarce now, and no way I will pay 8k for it 😅

Were the design same for bullion and Proof dragon coins? 

The bullion has bits to fill the fields, and I don't think they are otherwise different.

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

12 hours ago, AR03 said:

Hi, I'm wondering how much would it to be to buy a Red dragon of Wales 1 oz gold coin in Proof version? 

Thank you 

The Britannia Coin company, although out of stock, are advertising at £3950 for a 1oz Proof. 
A bullion 1oz is about £2600….

Yes, the Red Dragon seems to be more sought after. I only managed a 1/4oz bullion from the RM in March for £531

Also, all the bullion, have a chequered field, but otherwise a slight variation of the relief design.

Here’s my lowly 1/4 and good luck with your 1oz Proof…..next to mine!

IMG_4514.jpeg

IMG_0071.jpeg

4 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

The Britannia Coin company, although out of stock, are advertising at £3950 for a 1oz Proof. 
A bullion 1oz is about £2600….

Yes, the Red Dragon seems to be more sought after. I only managed a 1/4oz bullion from the RM in March for £531

Also, all the bullion, have a chequered field, but otherwise a slight variation of the relief design.

Here’s my lowly 1/4 and good luck with your 1oz Proof…..next to mine!

IMG_4514.jpeg

IMG_0071.jpeg

Thank you for the clarification and photos. 

3 hours ago, Stuntman said:

I've got a spare 1oz gold bullion version of this coin which I would look to sell at some point.

How much were you looking for it? 

Here are some photos of my spare 1oz bullion coin, taken today.  Two in sunlight and two in shade.  In the spirit of full transparency, there are two small scratches below the Queen's chin (visible in the photos), these were present when I received the coin new from a reputable UK bullion dealer.  Other than when photographing it, the coin has lived in a capsule ever since I've owned it.

I think it's an excellent design, probably my favourite of the QB series in terms of pure design.

IMG_E0440.JPG

IMG_E0438.JPG

IMG_E0441.JPG

IMG_E0442.JPG

2 hours ago, Stuntman said:

Here are some photos of my spare 1oz bullion coin, taken today.  Two in sunlight and two in shade.  In the spirit of full transparency, there are two small scratches below the Queen's chin (visible in the photos), these were present when I received the coin new from a reputable UK bullion dealer.  Other than when photographing it, the coin has lived in a capsule ever since I've owned it.

I think it's an excellent design, probably my favourite of the QB series in terms of pure design.

IMG_E0440.JPG

IMG_E0438.JPG

IMG_E0441.JPG

IMG_E0442.JPG

I love this design too and the Griffin and the unicorn 😂... How much were you looking for this coin?