• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Sovereigns - Last 1 needed

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

3 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

Thanks. I was hoping to just find a regular bullion one. I'm not fussed which mint mark (I'm definitely not doing all the mintmarks of every date 👀)

3 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Thanks. I was hoping to just find a regular bullion one. I'm not fussed which mint mark (I'm definitely not doing all the mintmarks of every date 👀)

I think the Oz ones were the only ones produced.  London and Ottawa mints had shut down by then and Pretoria had only just started up.  Perth mint is the only one that it's anything but rare from.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

3 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

I think the Oz ones were the only ones produced.  London and Ottawa mints had shut down by then and Pretoria had only just started up.  Perth mint is the only one that it's anything but rare from.

Yeah Sydney Melbourne Perth and a few from SA. Twice as many minted as 1918i which seem to be on here frequently  

2 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Yeah Sydney Melbourne Perth and a few from SA. Twice as many minted as 1918i which seem to be on here frequently  

That one might be your path of least resistance.  1924's are even less common.

To update I've found a few options for the 1924 in very, very nice condition. Being a prehistoric, bottom feeding bullion stacker I would prefer to take a normal bullion condition coin at a more typical bullion price but I'll give it until after the weekend before making a decision. To be honest ticking this George off might cause me more problems of what to do next. :lol:

• modofantasma changed the title to Sovereigns - Last 1 needed
9 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Im  curious but how many bullion sovs are there if you had a continuous date run to todays date? 

142 I think to 1838. Less for halves.

Pre Victoria add another 21 if you want both obverse designs in 1825.

Years like 1887 and 1893 where there was a change of portrait have multiple coins so I've got both dates. There's also both the shield and St George designs on some of the young Victoria years so again I'm aiming for both. 

I've not started on the pre Victorias (yet?) and short some shields still as I don't really see value in collecting low quality examples just to fill the dates at still sizable premiums. 

Eg buying this would tick the date off but I think it would be better value paying double or triple for a nicer one

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/gold-sovereign-coins/pre-owned-1825-george-iv-bare-head-full-sovereign-gold-coin?pid=27428

King Charles III

2023 x10

Queen Elizabeth II

2022 x 6

2021 x 7

2020 x 2

2019 x 5

2018 x 24

2017 x 3

2016 x 3

2015 x 1

2014 x 1 

2013 x 3

2011 x 1

2010 x 10

2009 x 2

2002 x 3 (Shieldback)

2001 x 1

1985 x 1/2

1982 x 1

1981 x 2

1980 x 2

1979 x 1

1976 x 9

1974 x 1

1973 isle of man x 1

1968 x 6

1967 x 6

1966 x 3

1963 x 2

1962 x 1

King George V

1922 x 1

1915 x 2

1914 x 2

1913 x 3

1912 x 6

1911 x 1

King Edward VII

1910 x 1

1908 x 3

1907 x 1

1906 x 2

1905 x 1

1904 x 2

1903 x 1

Queen Victoria 

1899 x 1

1896 x 1

1892 x 1

1888 x 1

1887 x 1

1885 x 1

1873 x 1

looks like i have some work to do to get a full date run lol. Some of my QEII duplicates are gone as i didn’t update the list. I think it’s a good little side mission though. I know someone with 200plus sovs who might swap some lol.

• 3 weeks later...