• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1913 Full Sovereign 1927 SA Full Sovereign & 1914 Half Sovereign Swaps for half oz Gold coin plus

Looking for the right deal! 

Pretty newish to this coin collecting and untill joining this group I wasn't really aware of the half oz coins.

Hoping to swap my 1913 and 1927SA sovereign and my 1914 half sovereign for a nice half oz coin and some silver bullion my way. Would also be interested in a deal on 10g gold bars.

Feel free to PM me your offers. I would prefer to publicly meet up and do it that way (I'm from Worksop Close ish to Sheffield) but I'm sure there are other ways and means 

Cheers 

20230405_024520.jpg

20230405_024530.jpg

20230405_024554.jpg

20230405_024604.jpg

20230405_024628.jpg

20230405_024638.jpg

Edited by ReeceO

I would recommend someone like @BackyardBullion to broker your deal. He’ll check the deal, test and an only charge a nominal fee. He is highly recommended on this forum and completely trusted by members.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

I think as a newbie to the forum ( and by the way, welcome to the the forum) you will be expected until you get a few trades under your belt to post item out to a trusted member who has plus 20 feedback and then get your trade posted to you. Restricting your trade in person to Sheffield area, you are limiting your ability to get a good deal. 

Best of luck.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

@Spyder after doing abit of looking around and talking to a couple of people i was starting to think that would be the best way. 

Who would you recommend as a trusted member to complete a trade deal? 

I am willing to travel as I cover the UK for work anyway but that can still be quite restrictive 

1 hour ago, ReeceO said:

@Spyder after doing abit of looking around and talking to a couple of people i was starting to think that would be the best way. 

I am willing to travel as I cover the UK for work anyway but that can still be quite restrictive 

@BackyardBullion does an intermediary service. Might be best to just reach out to him and sell. Then chase the half oz with your ££s generated. 

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, ReeceO said:

It depends who wants the coins. If you're selling the coins for £ to then buy your desired coin it opens up options. Use your judgement on feedback but also consider how long someone has been a member and how active they are within the forum 

1 hour ago, ReeceO said:

Like others have said, there are many good members you can trade with. Just read their feedback. It seems that you are in no rush to sell or having to do a trade, so I can not see the point of losing some capital by using an intermediary service.  If members see a good deal, regardless of how much feedback you have, they will deal with you. Just expect to post beforehand.  The forum works on trust.  

A word of caution, bars are harder to get a good price above spot if you need or want to sell. My advice, plenty would disagree is stick with coins.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

2 hours ago, Spyder said:

Like others have said, there are many good members you can trade with. Just read their feedback. It seems that you are in no rush to sell or having to do a trade, so I can not see the point of losing some capital by using an intermediary service.  If members see a good deal, regardless of how much feedback you have, they will deal with you. Just expect to post beforehand.  The forum works on trust.  

A word of caution, bars are harder to get a good price above spot if you need or want to sell. My advice, plenty would disagree is stick with coins.

I'm definitely in no rush to sell, I don't really want to sell I'd prefer a swap of same weight/value. These are my first gold coins which I'm more than happy with. Only reason I've put this post up is that I've seen some 1/4 and half oz coins which tickle my fancy far more which before joining this site I wasn't really aware of 😂. I put swap for bars as I though bars would appeal to more people for a swap to a half oz coin.

End of the day if it doesn't happen I'm more than happy to keep a hold of these coins and hopefully drop on to one of the many deals on this forum. 

• 4 weeks later...