• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

eBay seller cancels gold chain order, relists at higher price

Algo

Another great eBay experience (luckily not being a victim of fraud), but instead buying from id: verified_gold_bullion

Prior to bidding on his 'collection only' auction, he seemed like a reasonable chap, and said he'd be happy to post as I have good feedback and showed him my sales history.

So I bid and won a 22ct 40.4g gold rope chain for £2250.

Unfortunately he couldn't send an invoice to cover postage on the 'collection only' listing.

So I gave him my WPP number (I planned to send a quick bank transfer to cover p+p), however it ended up being simpler for both to just cancel/refund the order.

He sent me a duplicate BIN listing with the added postage cost.
Anyway, it's around midnight and i commit to buy the BIN listing, and I was going to pay first thing in the morning.

I wake up about 9:30am to some WPP messages sent at 6:00-6:10am, asking to let him know when I've made payment for the listing.

I go onto my eBay and low and behold, the order with postage that I placed just last night, had been cancelled at 7:16am, and relisted for more at £2750.

What a complete turd, rant over.

Edited by Algo

• Algo changed the title to eBay seller cancels gold chain order, relists at higher price
5 hours ago, Algo said:

Another great eBay experience (luckily not being a victim of fraud), but instead buying from id: verified_gold_bullion

Prior to bidding on his 'collection only' auction, he seemed like a reasonable chap, and said he'd be happy to post as I have good feedback and showed him my sales history.

So I bid and won a 22ct 40.4g gold rope chain for £2250.

Unfortunately he couldn't send an invoice to cover postage on the 'collection only' listing.

So I gave him my WPP number (I planned to send a quick bank transfer to cover p+p), however it ended up being simpler for both to just cancel/refund the order.

He sent me a duplicate BIN listing with the added postage cost.
Anyway, it's around midnight and i commit to buy the BIN listing, and I was going to pay first thing in the morning.

I wake up about 9:30am to some WPP messages sent at 6:00-6:10am, asking to let him know when I've made payment for the listing.

I go onto my eBay and low and behold, the order with postage that I placed just last night, had been cancelled at 7:16am, and relisted for more at £2750.

What a complete turd, rant over.

That's two big negatives, with relatively positive outcomes in short succession, time for you to give ebay a wide berth. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Is the new listing posted or collection only?  

I don't like to post high value items on eBay, or if I want to make sure they are happy with the item I also list collection only. Doesn't matter how many times I put it in the listings people still win the lot and ask for postage. 

17 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Is the new listing posted or collection only?  

I don't like to post high value items on eBay, or if I want to make sure they are happy with the item I also list collection only. Doesn't matter how many times I put it in the listings people still win the lot and ask for postage. 

Collection, but the BIN listing he sent me included postage.

The fact remains it sold for less than he wanted, so he cancelled.

55 minutes ago, James32 said:

That's two big negatives, with relatively positive outcomes in short succession, time for you to give ebay a wide berth. 

Perhaps, but there can be problems on all platforms, and I don't feel comfortable sending bullion without being paid first.

Members here will use the  excuse that I don't have enough history (even though I've sold 2 or 3 pieces here).

Also, nobody here will pay as much as eBayers for bullion, so it's good until it isn't 😂

5 minutes ago, Algo said:

Perhaps, but there can be problems on all platforms, and I don't feel comfortable sending bullion without being paid first.

Members here will use the  excuse that I don't have enough history (even though I've sold 2 or 3 pieces here).

Also, nobody here will pay as much as eBayers for bullion, so it's good until it isn't 😂

You only need to do the sending first a couple of times, choose buyers carefully and all will go like clockwork. Choose me and you will be ecstatic 😆

Do agree about getting a better return on ebay, but at least here you get paid instantly ( once proven ) i guess the point above is similar to how ebay holds your money of little selling history. Here's more human and less guesswork, for the Internet at least. Any problem here and you can call out the other party, prove your case and the support will be remarkable, over there you're literally pissing in the wind hoping for the best.

Ebay has its time and place, TSF is ten times the entity though.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 hours ago, Algo said:

Not that I've used him, but BYB acting as an intermediary should give you some comfort.