• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What are peoples thoughts on selling gold bullion to dealers without proof of purchase?

CazLikesCoins

On 20/02/2023 at 22:52, ShineyMagpie said:

i think as others have said or alluded too, is it worth the paper its printed on? if i have a proof of purchase for a sov, how do you know the sov i'm selling links to that paperwork? Even when it comes to things such a Certificate of coin, how do you know they match up.... i buy 2 coins from the mint on release coin number 001 and Coin 999 can you tell which belongs to which coin, normally not.

Indeed, mixed date coins that say "mixed date Sovereigns" on the certificate could be used over and over. I think as long as you show A certificate and you don't look like a drug dealer, that and a passport is enough lip service to satisfy the boxes that need ticking. Still can't see why you'd ever sell to a dealer though when you can get better rates on places like this forum or eBay.

On 18/02/2023 at 18:48, CazLikesCoins said:

Thanks for the posts clarifying, Lawrence. I've learned that I need to wear my best frock when I come to your place if I want to sell, and make sure I don't look shifty (Might be difficult. I've been told I've got a wall eye) and to show my passport if I come in drinking alcohol (always a possibility) :D 

I still want to get my Sovereign Series book autographed if I do visit since you're in it. I like that kind of thing. :D 

better to have a wall eye rather than mortgage eyes. one fixed and one variable

mortgage eyes.jpg

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

On 18/02/2023 at 17:20, LawrenceChard said:

I often volunteer to show my passport when buying alcohol. I have been told I don't look 25!

😎

Not a day over 29.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.