• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Payment to APMEX - Need some help please.

Alex

Hi guys, 

I just made an international payment to APMEX from my mobile Lloyds current/debit account. My transaction was declined and just spoke with someone from the bank to see if the transaction is genuine and all was good but I`m getting worried about this statement I got in my payment instruction email from APMEX : "We do not accept ACH or EFT payments, or other online banking payments".

To be honest I don't really understand some of these abbreviations and I was wondering if I should cancel the transaction because I don`t want to lose the money.

Thank you!

i don't understand what you are saying in your post.

You made a bank transfer to APMEX through your bank account. Or is it you used your card to make the payment? If you used your card VISA/Mastercard it would just go through - the card company does the business. Are you saying your card was declined? In which case the payment wasn't accepted. If a payment was made surely you can see it on your online statement.
so anyway you say the transaction was declined - do you mean your payment was declined? That is the card / payment was declined - as i say it should all be on your statement.
Then you contact your bank to see 'if the transaction is genuine' - what does that mean? Are you saying you contacted your bank to see if the payment went through?

You say the bank said the payment went through.

So on one hand it seems you have been informed (by someone) the payment didn't go through and on the other hand the bank - who you would think would know, say it is ok. i mean banks are sending money all the time, did you leave it to them as to what method was used?

Personally i don't use banks - i use Wise.com, it is much cheaper.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i don't understand what you are saying in your post.

You made a bank transfer to APMEX through your bank account. 
Then you say the transaction was declined - do you mean your payment was declined?
Then you contact your bank to see 'if the transaction is genuine' - what does that mean? Are you saying you contacted your bank to see if the payment went through?

You say the bank said the payment went through.

So on one hand it seems you have been informed (by someone) the payment didn't go through and on the other hand the bank - who you would think would know, say it is ok. i mean banks are sending money all the time, did you leave it to them as to what method was used?

Personally i don't use banks - i use Wise.com, it is much cheaper.

Hi,please apologise my broken english.I know its confusing.Yes,I received a text message on my mobile phone that my transaction was confirmed but on the bank app I got the message that my transaction was declined so I need to call the bank.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hi,please apologise my broken english.I know its confusing.Yes,I received a text message on my mobile phone that my transaction was confirmed but on the bank app I got the message that my transaction was declined so I need to call the bank.

i still don't understand what has happened.
How did you pay? Bank transfer or bank card?
Who sent you the first text message to say the 'transaction' was confirmed?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

22 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i still don't understand what has happened.
How did you pay? Bank transfer or bank card?
Who sent you the first text message to say the 'transaction' was confirmed?

I used my mobile application and the money I had in my bank account.The text I got from the bank is a confirmation that I set up a new recipient which may not be the same as a confirmation for the transaction.The text message I received was a few seconds after the mobile app told me the transaction was declined and to call the bank.  I called the bank,they said they needed to check if its a genuine transaction and not fraud.

I sent the money internationally (from the Lloyds mobile app) and had to convert pounds to dollars to send the exact amount of dollars as on the payment instruction I received from APMEX.

I think my bank will act as the middleman. The money have not been sent yet as it was ''out of hours'' and will be sent tomorrow from 06:30AM.

As I`m not 100% sure of the banking payments/abbreviations I wanted to know is if I should cancel my transaction because  I`m not aware of something that may lead to a loss of money.

• Please contact your bank to send your same-day bank wire payment (within the next business day) to APMEX in the amount of $$$$$ and include your order number.

• We do not accept ACH or EFT payments, or other online banking payments.

Edited by Alex
few seconds

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

I used my mobile application and the money I had in my bank account.The text I got from the bank is a confirmation that I set up a new recipient which may not be the same as a confirmation for the transaction.The text message I received was a few seconds after the mobile app told me the transaction was declined and to call the bank.  I called the bank,they said they needed to check if its a genuine transaction and not fraud.

I sent the money internationally (from the Lloyds mobile app) and had to convert pounds to dollars to send the exact amount of dollars as on the payment instruction I received from APMEX.

I think my bank will act as the middleman. The money have not been sent yet as it was ''out of hours'' and will be sent tomorrow from 06:30AM.

As I`m not 100% sure of the banking payments/abbreviations I wanted to know is if I should cancel my transaction because  I`m not aware of something that may lead to a loss of money.

• Please contact your bank to send your same-day bank wire payment (within the next business day) to APMEX in the amount of $$$$$ and include your order number.

• We do not accept ACH or EFT payments, or other online banking payments.

So you accessed your bank account using the app on your phone.
You set up a new recipient which the bank confirmed by text.
You then attempted to transfer the USD to APMEX.
The bank put a halt on this transfer to check for fraud. You rang the bank and confirmed that the transfer was genuine. 
The bank is arranging the transfer - this is their business. They will know what route to use.

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

So you accessed your bank account using the app on your phone.
You set up a new recipient which the bank confirmed by text.
You then attempted to transfer the USD to APMEX.
The bank put a halt on this transfer to check for fraud. You rang the bank and confirmed that the transfer was genuine. 
The bank is arranging the transfer - this is their business. They will know what route to use.

precisely in that order 🙂

Quick update.I had to redo the payment today at 12:00 as there was a problem from last Friday as stated above.I got in contact with Lloyds today as no email or money had been taken out from my bank account and after I repeated the payment I have received an email from Lloyds as a confirmation for my international payment request.APMEX confirmed they received my payment at 15:18 today.I`m really surprised they got my money in just a few hours 😲

Very pleased with Lloyds services and quick confirmation from APMEX.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Quick update.I had to redo the payment today at 12:00 as there was a problem from last Friday as stated above.I got in contact with Lloyds today as no email or money had been taken out from my bank account and after I repeated the payment I have received an email from Lloyds as a confirmation for my international payment request.APMEX confirmed they received my payment at 15:18 today.I`m really surprised they got my money in just a few hours 😲

Very pleased with Lloyds services and quick confirmation from APMEX.

Glad you got that sorted out.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys