• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

StoneX Silver?

rafter01

4 minutes ago, rafter01 said:

Hi,

For a beginner like me, purchasing a stoneX 1kg bar a good idea?

I am not buying to sell in the near future just stacking.

StoneX comes with no VAT but how is the quality like? Are they common to buy?

Thanks

So when you say no VAT, please let me and fellow forum members know.....

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

My advice is to buy from UK. VAT will be added anyway when your parcel is entering in UK. You will receive an invoice at home before delivery. If is not paid, you lose the bar.

StoneX is a nice looking kilo bar, but to be honest, excepting few collectible vintage well known brands  bars, all kilo bars are almost the same, the stackers are more interested about price/weight. A good quality kilo bar is any genuine 999 silver piece.

You can find good prices per kilo bars on forum, selling quick on buy/sell section @£710-£725/each, depending of condition, certificate, brand, shape.

31 minutes ago, rafter01 said:

So on the Coin Invest website it states buying the stonex is VAT free. 

I think you might find if you buy it;s with storage, so you wont hold it physically, it will be held in a Vault, or if you get it imported, you will pay VAT on arrival. Coin invest is based in Europe, germany I think. So if the customs scan it and gets imported to UK they will hold the bar until you pay the duty.... no such thing as VAT free except 2nd hand silver here for sale on TSF... which again VAT really is normally taken into account..

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

35 minutes ago, rafter01 said:

So on the Coin Invest website it states buying the stonex is VAT free. 

Do you mean "Because this silver investment item features a coin in its design, it can be seen as a coin instead of a bar giving the customers the VAT benefit in certain countries." ( https://www.coininvest.com/en/silver-coins/coin-bars/250g-coin-bar-silver-stonex/ )

That doesn't work in the UK.

The only ways to (legally) avoid VAT on buying silver in the UK, so far as I know are:

1. buy second-hand, or

2. buy "with storage" and never actually take delivery.

Edited by Anteater