• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is there a one ounce Thailand gold coin and what Premiums do they sell for.

5 hours ago, Bullioninvester said:

It’s a Real minefield looking on line and a few dodgy looking sites. I can’t see any way to buy direct from the The Bureau of Royal Thai Mint. 

if it’s even a thing! 🤷🏼‍♂️

found a few smaller coins but struggling with the one ounce.

A quick Google search for "The Bureau of Royal Thai Mint" found:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Mint

You have just given me the perfect excuse for a tax-deductable business trip to Thailand!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, CollectForFun said:

There's no Thai 1oz bullion gold coin, as far as I can see. Nor 30 gram, for that matter. Any particular reason for looking for one from Thailand specifically?

I thought is would be nice to add coins to my stack from deferent places I have travelled. I’m trying to stick to one ounce coins. 

38 minutes ago, Bullioninvester said:

I thought is would be nice to add coins to my stack from deferent places I have travelled. I’m trying to stick to one ounce coins. 

We could file a bit off a bar:

https://www.chards.co.uk/products?search=Gold+Stamped+10+Baht+Bar+Pre-Owned+Thailand+CAP+Gold

😎

Chards

10 hours ago, Bullioninvester said:

It’s a Real minefield looking on line and a few dodgy looking sites. I can’t see any way to buy direct from the The Bureau of Royal Thai Mint. 

if it’s even a thing! 🤷🏼‍♂️

found a few smaller coins but struggling with the one ounce.

4 hours ago, Bullioninvester said:

An additional thought:

Very few countries produce gold bullion coins, whether one ounce ones or otherwise. 

To do so competitively requires very efficient production resources, and a degree of commitment.

This is an old list:

https://taxfreegold.co.uk/oneouncegoldcoins.html

No longer actively updated.

😎

Chards

8 hours ago, Bullioninvester said:

I found this but seems fake. 

D384DA53-8A84-463E-8377-E2E99CD52EAF.png

Well there of course are Thai gold coins but none of them seems to be 1oz .999 gold. You can check their full list according to Numista website (not necessarily complete but very likely close to it).

Should you nevertheless wish to get something at least from that region there is a Laotian 1oz tiger gold coin (https://www.apmex.com/product/246165/2022-laos-1-oz-gold-2000-kip-tiger-bu-panthera-tigris) or Cambodian 1oz ... also tiger gold coin (https://goldsilver.be/en/1-oz-30gr-gold/4174-cambodia-30-000-riels-1-oz-gold-lost-tigers-2022-.html). Or some of the several Singaporean 1 ouncers. But if you want to keep it very strict only to countries which you really visited you may have to plan another holiday to these countries soon ☺️

Edited by CollectForFun

25 minutes ago, CollectForFun said:

Well there of course are Thai gold coins but none of them seems to be 1oz .999 gold. You can check their full list according to Numista website (not necessarily complete but very likely close to it).

Should you nevertheless wish to get something at least from that region there is a Laotian 1oz tiger gold coin (https://www.apmex.com/product/246165/2022-laos-1-oz-gold-2000-kip-tiger-bu-panthera-tigris) or Cambodian 1oz ... also tiger gold coin (https://goldsilver.be/en/1-oz-30gr-gold/4174-cambodia-30-000-riels-1-oz-gold-lost-tigers-2022-.html). Or some of the several Singaporean 1 ouncers. But if you want to keep it very strict only to countries which you really visited you may have to plan another holiday to these countries soon ☺️

Brilliant thanks for the info!

I'm not that strict just think it will be nice for my stack to tell a bit of a story when I hand it down.

1 hour ago, Bullioninvester said:

Brilliant thanks for the info!

I'm not that strict just think it will be nice for my stack to tell a bit of a story when I hand it down.

If you don't mind paying higher premiums you may wish to check a few Thai gold coin offers at Ma-shops. Just bear in mind these are offers from numismatic shops, prices of which are usually set higher than what the coin is actually "worth". Or there's surely going to be a Thai coin sold at some auction sooner or later... 

i live in thailand most of the year. im constantly searching gold shops. i have never seen one. jewelry is bullion here. couldnt imagine thais caring for gold coins. i tried selling 2 gold sovs few years back. dealer looked at me like i was an idiot. told me to go to the bank. premiums here are the lowest i have ever seen worldwide  on all gold though. 300 baht (7 quid.) on a 5 baht bar. same gold content as 10 sovs. a gold chain will have less premuim than a standard bullion coin in the west . pretty much everything is 96.5%. you can get bars that are little more high premium. with thai designs. next best thing to coins i guess. you can get anything in gold here.  hand bags. chopsticks. i saw a 10 baht knife and fork the other week. pretty crazy really they they dont have a standard bullion coin that is sold in most goldsmiths. . 

6 minutes ago, oddball said:

i live in thailand most of the year. im constantly searching gold shops. i have never seen one. jewelry is bullion here. couldnt imagine thais caring for gold coins. i tried selling 2 gold sovs few years back. dealer looked at me like i was an idiot. told me to go to the bank. premiums here are the lowest i have ever seen worldwide  on all gold though. 300 baht (7 quid.) on a 5 baht bar. same gold content as 10 sovs. a gold chain will have less premuim than a standard bullion coin in the west . pretty much everything is 96.5%. you can get bars that are little more high premium. with thai designs. next best thing to coins i guess. you can get anything in gold here.  hand bags. chopsticks. i saw a 10 baht knife and fork the other week. pretty crazy really they they dont have a standard bullion coin that is sold in most goldsmiths. . 

Cheers for that, I’ve seen a few nice Thai bars. Beautiful county!

if you go back and want cheap silver .300 baht premium for a kilo bar.  go here https://www.bowinsgroup.com/productandservice/. it has 7% vat. as a tourist though. you should be able to claim the vat back at the airport. even with the vat, its still cheaper than singapore, or other tax free countries for a kilo bar. i brought 3 back last week in my hand luggage no problem. 

17 hours ago, Bullioninvester said:

That idea would make a good theme for coin collectors. Only collect coins from countries you have visited.

This would ensure that the demand for the hordes (hoards) of new coins churned out every year by mints, to sell to collectors, would be severely curtailed.

How many people have ever visited Saint Helena, Ascension, Tristan da Cunha, Palau, Antarctica, The Falkland Islands, South Georgia, The South Sandwich Islands, Lundy Island, Svarlbard, or any of the other remote and obscure areas of the world which appear to churn out the vast majority of the "world's first", and other commemorative coins, and which turn up at our showroom by the seeming containerload every day of the week?

Perhaps we ought to start telling the owners that we are sorry, but we don't buy any coins from countries we have not yet visited?

Of course, that would probably be a bad idea, because I have not yet visited Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, or most of the 200 or so countries which currently exist, or thousands of which used to exist.

In the not too distant past, states and cities also issued their own coins. Germany alone could account for a large number of them.

It might sound like I am being facetious, and of course I am having some fun playing with your concept, but it would be one good way for collectors to limit and focus their collections.

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, oddball said:

if you go back and want cheap silver .300 baht premium for a kilo bar.  go here https://www.bowinsgroup.com/productandservice/. it has 7% vat. as a tourist though. you should be able to claim the vat back at the airport. even with the vat, its still cheaper than singapore, or other tax free countries for a kilo bar. i brought 3 back last week in my hand luggage no problem. 

Now, If I could just pull that one with P.T. Antam gold from Indonesia, I'd be ever so happy.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.