• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What want silver spot need to be for you to sell?

jayboat

Whats your selling price?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What would silver spot need to be for you to honestly sell?

• £10-20
    • £20-35
    • £35-50
    • £50+
    • £100+
    • £300+
    • Stacking for other reason

On 2 August 2016 at 10:59, vand said:

On the "everyday item" scale, the right price for offloading my silver will be when 1oz can buy me roughly...

- 1 day's wages of the average worker

- A good suit 

- A 1-month travelcard

- A case of good wine

Think we are already there in my case

1) wages = farmer £0

2) a good suit= brithday suit £0

3) travel card =rural no public transport £0

4) wine= Lambrusco £15 

3 hours ago, vand said:

One thing that history teaches us is that when a bull market becomes entrenched then it will run and run and run. And then when you think it cannot go any further, it will run some more.. and more.

Did anyone foresee a 45 year bull market in treasuries when currencies were close to the verge of collapse in 1980?

Did anyone thing that housing would appreciate 3 times in real terms in 1995? And how have premium London prices triple even against the wider market? Surely its all just bricks and mortar?

Show me a bull market that has only run 50%-100% and I'll show you a dead cat bounce.

Look at historical ratios and they are everywhere. Dow/Gold has historically gone between 1:1 and 45:1. That's a 45 fold difference in valuation of one against the other, simply because of different times and and different circumstances has meant people prefer holding one and not the other. On that basis, it's not incredible to think that silver could be revalued 3-10 times against gold from here (and multiples of that against other asset classes).

Again you're reading more into history than you reliably can.

Yes. bull markets do run on and on but what makes you think silver will continue to run further than gold?

You're comparing apples and pears. The Dow and gold are almost opposites, one being stock the other currency. At some point we are almost certain the see extreme ratios between the two.

Comparing gold and silver is not the same, they are very closely linked. Ratios such as this will always mean revert but just because we have seen extreme variance in the past for whatever extreme reason doesn't mean they will ever be repeated.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

57 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Again you're reading more into history than you reliably can.

Yes. bull markets do run on and on but what makes you think silver will continue to run further than gold?

You're comparing apples and pears. The Dow and gold are almost opposites, one being stock the other currency. At some point we are almost certain the see extreme ratios between the two.

Comparing gold and silver is not the same, they are very closely linked. Ratios such as this will always mean revert but just because we have seen extreme variance in the past for whatever extreme reason doesn't mean they will ever be repeated.

Of course no one has a crystal ball. Of course there is no guarantee that silver will outperform gold, but historically it has done so when PMs have been in a bull market. The silver market is a fraction of the size of the gold market. When the public gets interested in PMs then a small amount of money into silver will have a much larger influence on the fundamentals of demand/supply.

But you know what? I started buying silver when the ratio was over 80. I've done brilliantly so far. It's up to the skeptics to prove me wrong, and I don't see why my scenario is less plausible than theirs.

Yes the GSR was high at 80 so was pretty certain to come down. It's just the lows of <20 that you were advocating cannot be relied upon.

Anyone with gold and silver has done brilliantly this year that's why holding both is wise.

Nobody can prove you wrong just as you can't prove yourself right, only time will tell.

If only you could buy crystal balls......:)

3 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Think we are already there in my case

1) wages = farmer £0

2) a good suit= brithday suit £0

3) travel card =rural no public transport £0

4) wine= Lambrusco £15 

At least in sunny Cornwall you could grow your own grapes on the farm and make your own wine. :)  It's bound to be better than Lambrusco.

5 hours ago, vand said:

But you know what? I started buying silver when the ratio was over 80. I've done brilliantly so far. It's up to the skeptics to prove me wrong, and I don't see why my scenario is less plausible than theirs.

Was just thinking.

So towards the end of this extended bull run, it's not unrealistic to expect gold to go to £2000 so for your GSR of <20, silver has to hit over £100.

and if gold goes well over £2k (£20k anyone?) as some people expect, silver will literally have to go "to da moon" as the youtube loonies have been predicting for years!:D

I put stacking for another reason as I generally am not stacking for myself, it's more to leave for my son, so it's longer term than just flipping some for a few quid here and there. However if the price should rise enough to make a significant profit over the intervening years, which means I could trade some of it for another worthwhile asset then perhaps I'd sell some (it would have to be some total financial collapse or near enough for that tbh, which to me isn't entirely out of the realms of possibility). I don't think I'd ever sell it all though. Plus I really want to fill a treasure chest full of silver coins...like a pirate!

2 hours ago, bongobill said:

Plus I really want to fill a treasure chest full of silver coins...like a pirate!

Have you seen those tombstone boxes buddy? They are expensive but the box looks perfect :) 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tombstone+box&biw=1600&bih=809&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwje1JuysqvOAhVMJ8AKHREYBswQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=wU4W4TulRvCr-M%3A

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

Archived