• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New feedback system for member trades

Topic link field in trade feedback  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should the field for leaving a link to where the trade initiated when leaving feedback be required?

• Yes make it mandatory.
    • No make it optional.

• Founder & Administrator

There is now a trading feedback system, so that members can leave feedback for other members that they have traded with on the forum.

Members are only allowed to leave feedback for other members once they have made at least 5 posts on the forum, when leaving feedback you are also required to provide a link to the topic of where the trade initiated, and to select if there were the buyer or seller.

Members can give other members a neutral, negative, or positive rating along with a comment about the trade.

To view other members Trading Feedback visit their profile by clicking on their picture and then click on 'Trading Feedback' found at the bottom of the list on the left column. 

Please note that the member 'Like' system is different to the 'Trading Feedback' system. The number in green on the right of the members main profile page refers to how many of this members posts other members have liked. To view detailed Trading Feedback comments, please click on Trading Feedback in the members profile.

The Trading Feedback score is also displayed underneath the members details on the left column of all forum pages. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

There is now a trading feedback system, so that members can leave feedback for other members that they have traded with on the forum.

Members are only allowed to leave feedback for other members once they have made at least 5 posts on the forum, when leaving feedback you are also required to provide a link to the topic of where the trade initiated, and to select if there were the buyer or seller.

Members can give other members a neutral, negative, or positive rating along with a comment about the trade.

To view other members Trading Feedback visit their profile by clicking on their picture and then click on 'Trading Feedback' found at the bottom of the list on the left column. 

Please note that the member 'Like' system is different to the 'Trading Feedback' system. The number in green on the right of the members main profile page refers to how many of this members posts other members have liked. To view detailed Trading Feedback comments, please click on Trading Feedback in the members profile.

The Trading Feedback score is also displayed underneath the members details on the left column of all forum pages. 

Please see bold - how is this done ?

Copy the url of the relevant trade thread from the navigation bar.

Then paste it into the box when filling out feedback

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Create a new thread in the sales section with a title something like: "Closed - ............. "  ?

What is everyone suggestion. To make the link field an optional field?

I would like people to initiate trades by posting in the trade area first. Otherwise we could get two people giving each other feedback artificially and just saying that "all the trades initiated via private message"  I wanted the system to be transparent so everyone could see where the trade initiated so they could decide if it seems like a genuine trade that actually happened or not. 

I don't know, was just my thoughts. But what does everyone suggest? I can make that field an optional field if people prefer?

Discounts / Offers

Create a new thread in the sales section with a title something like: "Closed - ............. "  ?

What is everyone suggestion. To make the link field an optional field?

I would like people to initiate trades by posting in the trade area first. Otherwise we could get two people giving each other feedback artificially and just saying that "all the trades initiated via private message"  I wanted the system to be transparent so everyone could see where the trade initiated so they could decide if it seems like a genuine trade that actually happened or not. 

I don't know, was just my thoughts. But what does everyone suggest? I can make that field an optional field if people prefer?

Not sure that this solution solved the problem. What is to stop me going to the trades section now, creating a thread called "Selling Gold - closed all done" and then you and I using that to create feedback for each other, despite no trade taking place? All you have done is add 1 additinal, easy step for any potential fakers.

It may also make life dificult for legit tradeers.... As week or so later, once the goods have arrived - going back and finding the apropriate thread could well be hard work, especially if the trading pages take off quickly. I can be hard to find a specific thread on a bussy board.

As cheaters can still cheat, and legit users are inconvenienced, this may well have the perverse effect of making user feedback less accurate, not more so!

Justr thinking out loud! :) Would be interested to hear opinions from other users.

Thanks for your comments Shamatti,

There is some validation with using links as a requirement, even if people can create closed topics. It would get a bit suspicious if they kept opening closed trade threads. And it gives moderators some sort of base to asses wether or not the feedbacks left look suspicious or not.

Though there are obvious ways to circumvent the feedback link, pete for example pasted a link to a welcome thread opposed to an actual trade. And he is also a buyer, but at the same time ashimo is a buyer, though this may just be because they both purchased from each other.

There are obvious flaws to the trader system, but without re-coding the trader feedback system to change how it works. I don't think any improvements can be made.

The options how I see it as the following.

1. trade link is a required field

2. trade link is an optional field

I think that out of the two option 1 is the best.

There is also a limit to who can currently leave feedback, a member requires a certain amount of posts before he/she can leave feedback. This can be made more strict if required. 

Discounts / Offers

Do you think that the link to the topic where the trade initiated when leaving trading feedback should be a required field or an optional field?

Do you think that a required field will help reduce abuse of the feedback system?

Do you think that it is just a hindrance for members and won't reduce abuse?

Answer the poll at the top of the thread!

Discounts / Offers

• 2 months later...

Archived