• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Average for stack causing mental buying block

Rich99

My silver bullion stack average for 940 oz is £12 an oz , i have another 404 oz of numismatic coins taking my stack total average per oz to £15.02 , haven't bought any silver bullion since February , have been buying gold acquiring 11 oz @ £852 an oz mostly made up of sovereigns. 

I would suggest that it's not "average" for stack, but "current price" that is causing a blockage.

After all, if you have been stacking consistently then 1 single batch will not have much of an effect on your average cost at all.

Having said that, prices have certainly come off the boil in the last few weeks. Buy it now... or don't... up to you. I would like to think that most stackers are actually pretty contrarian or at least independent thinkers and good at making their own decisions.

10 hours ago, StackemHigh said:

Metal detecting for a £0.00 would be OK if you've no costs involved ie,  equipment, batteries,  fuel to get there etc.  Otherwise your subsidising stack ratio with other costs going elsewhere! 

I would class that as a hobby and nothing to do with my stack. If any PM's were found that would be a bonus, and be put down on my spreadsheet as £0.00

I like going around antique shops and collectors fairs (and have done so for 30 odd years), and have traveled 100's of miles to visit some of the bigger ones. Sometimes I will make a PM buy, sometimes I don't,  but I never include travel costs in my purchase cost, because I class these trips as a hobby / pastime 

I did a lot of metal detecting and although i did find some gold and silver the hours put in to get them was a lot. Detecting on beachs was ok but my best finds came from a PYO strawberry farm and a gypsies camp site after the council had cleared it. Sovereign ring and gold baby bangle.Dont detect on Bognor beach it was used for gunnery practice during the war and unless you want old brass for your scrap bucket stay away.

Very enjoyable past time but your looked at as a weirdo on the beach.i always went very early in the morning.The amount of dogs that are not to keen on you was high also.

Dont forget you need permision on land before you start and share 50/50 with the land owner.

• 2 months later...

Just added some of the new lunar rooster and 2017 elephants into my excel sheet and the avg cost per oz compared to last year is around 35% higher, not bad considering the euro exchange rate and with all the other stuff that's been happening. 

Just looking at it and thinking, i only got 10 1/2oz lunars and i need 40 more. This years silver date runs are gonna fun to complete, deffo no new additions. Damn you congo gorilla!!! It got me last year and i had the buy 5 more of the 2016's just the get a card. And now i gotta buy 15 pandas instead of 10 every year cause they arrive in those nice trays. Ive resisted the queens beast and isle of man angels which are both very nice looking coins, but if they release again this year, i might fold and buy a few of each. 

Decisions, decisions...........decisions

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

On 18/07/2016 at 18:57, Danny-boy said:

I'm at £11.82 average (all 999 coins & a few bars).

I have kilo coins bought at £375 delivered!!!

Finding it hard to buy lately!!

Lucky you.
My average for kilo coins is £820 each AND I bought with low VAT.

Lucky you.
My average for kilo coins is £820 each AND I bought with low VAT.

Blast from the past!!!!

I too was collecting at the highs, and I remember seeing kilo bars for lots of money. I remember thinking, "if silver drops below £500/kg then I'll buy a kilo lump".

Stacker since 2013

9 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

Blast from the past!!!!

I too was collecting at the highs, and I remember seeing kilo bars for lots of money. I remember thinking, "if silver drops below £500/kg then I'll buy a kilo lump".

My record for kilo coins - 13-May-2011; bought a kilo Kook ( 2011 ) for £908 and that was seen as a fair price at the time.

Take note fellow stackers !
Based on the PM forums at that time and the pundits and experts' predictions, this coin should have been worth over 3 grand by now.
Fortunately I have no debts so I am somewhat disappointed but not homeless and don't live in Calais either so its not all bad compared to some.

Archived