• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint bullion quality issues

Oh. I bought three 2021 Britannia bullion coins last year, when I was excited about this hobby🥳. They came in sealed white card type thingies. I opened one up. The Britannia reverse looks ok🥳 but the Queen's cheek has scratches🤔

One last thing😭🤣 Of all the coins I stare at, the Britannia 2021 bullion is the one I look at the most. I consider the '2021' to be so collectable because of the first time four visual security features. I really think it is as good as the American (symetrical) silver Eagle💫

Edited by Shell
Spell check

It might 'just be' bullion, but I'd still expect some quality control, especially at the prices pms go for, and especially at the prices the RM charge.

I’ve tried to get my head around the investing side of things and understand a scuffed bullion coin is probably just as valuable as an unstuffed one. but I still want  my coins looking pretty, regardless. I think that adds to the satisfaction of buying, collecting, and storing. And imo no one wants to see a bedraggled mess of scuffed and scratched coins in their stack. I for one don't. Takes all the fun out of it. :D 

Up to now I've been very lucky with RM coins. The bullion sovereigns and 1oz silver Brits I've bought have all been just fine. All good. OCD yet to be triggered :D 

Topically, I got a tube of ten 2oz Queen's Beasts directly from the Mint this week, but there was no padding or anything else to fill up the remaining space at the top of the tube. Surely there should have been? I could hear the coins falling about and clanging against each other inside the tube as I was handed the parcel, and this is what most of the coins looked like when I opened the tube:

image.thumb.png.e93141513ff613154789d2292a3a748a.png

The scratches on a bullion coin coming out of a tube appear to suffer more damage than if they come in a small rectangular sealed white carded box type thingy🤦

Edited by Shell
+