• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

no more gimmicks please

craig12

ok i think enough is enough  of the silver gimmick items   i thought id seen everything in 1 ounce - 3 ounce    but please     this is getting a bit  beyond ridiculous

i can cope with bullets 

possibly  dice 

but   skulls, rabbits, fish, pyramids,  paw prints , eagles ,  this isnt silver bullion is it   ok yes it is   but sureley to god  these are just more products  making the choice more difficult  and the premiums are way too much 

oh christ just when i thought id seen it all i find a lego brick in classified    goodnight .........

• Founder & Administrator

Everyone has different preferences as to what they like to collect.

And the items you mentioned are bought because someone wanted to add something interesting to their collection or just because the person buying it liked it and wanted it.

I don't think there is anyone who is stacking huge quantities of these items because of there higher margins. But people are free to choose what they want to buy. If there was no demand for these items then they wouldn't be produced.

Some of our members cast items such as you have mentioned, I think it's pretty cool.

Everyone is different and likes to collect different things, no harm in diversity.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

37 minutes ago, craig12 said:

ok i think enough is enough  of the silver gimmick items   i thought id seen everything in 1 ounce - 3 ounce    but please     this is getting a bit  beyond ridiculous

i can cope with bullets 

possibly  dice 

but   skulls, rabbits, fish, pyramids,  paw prints , eagles ,  this isnt silver bullion is it   ok yes it is   but sureley to god  these are just more products  making the choice more difficult  and the premiums are way too much 

oh christ just when i thought id seen it all i find a lego brick in classified    goodnight .........

I think you are on your own with your thoughts there Craig.

You seem to forget that there are many types of silver buyer ranging from those who buy silver at spot, all the way up to novelty silver items for the collector.

You moan about premiums, and yet you are happy to buy proof libertads, for 15 times spot value, but decry a hand made brick that will be about I reckon 3 times spot.

mmmmmmmm. not sure I'm with you on this one.

Ps. I'm likely to buy half a dozen or so of these bricks, just so I can build a little wall of silver, and use it on my desk as a paperweight. 

I don't own a poured skull and didn't want one,but they have grown on me and i think it's just a matter time before i get some.I have seen some descent sized collections of poured silver of various designs on you tube and a box full of these items do's look mighty impressive.

I am tempted being a pirate(pretend) to collect a treasure chest of pirate themed silver just for the sheer hell of it.

In fact i have started already with various bits from Silverstan.

I'm not sure if Craig is serious or not...... 

Just now, SilverPirate said:

I don't own a poured skull and didn't want one,but they have grown on me and i think it's just a matter time before i get some.I have seen some descent sized collections of poured silver of various designs on you tube and a box full of these items do's look mighty impressive.

I am tempted being a pirate(pretend) to collect a treasure chest of pirate themed silver just for the sheer hell of it.

In fact i have started already with various bits from Silverstan.

I can do you a 3oz hallmarked skull for £55 posted (1st Class Signed For)

IMG_0993.jpg

3 minutes ago, SilverPirate said:

Nice skulls,just had a spend up, one of my kids is getting married next week and i need all the dosh i can spare right now.Thanks for the offer and a good price.

Thank you. Congratulations!!!!!! I bet thats going to be expensive!!! I hope the wedding goes well! 

5 Troy Oz Silver Bar .999 Mutiny Metals -Hand Pour Only 100 Made

{at $120 US , I paid a lower premium per oz than the 2oz Silver Queen's Beasts coins...not implying that the design is as pretty , but it does compare with the coolness factor, and I suspect it wins in the mintage category (probably by a factor of 1000)}

s-l1600.jpg

9 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

I think you are on your own with your thoughts there Craig.

You seem to forget that there are many types of silver buyer ranging from those who buy silver at spot, all the way up to novelty silver items for the collector.

You moan about premiums, and yet you are happy to buy proof libertads, for 15 times spot value, but decry a hand made brick that will be about I reckon 3 times spot.

mmmmmmmm. not sure I'm with you on this one.

Ps. I'm likely to buy half a dozen or so of these bricks, just so I can build a little wall of silver, and use it on my desk as a paperweight. 

well the libertad set was for my grandaughters 1st birthdsay   im sure £70 isnt 15 times spot price thats all i paid whats in the box  around 1.77 ounces   isnt that around 3 .8 x spot

3 hours ago, Luker2 said:

5 Troy Oz Silver Bar .999 Mutiny Metals -Hand Pour Only 100 Made

{at $120 US , I paid a lower premium per oz than the 2oz Silver Queen's Beasts coins...not implying that the design is as pretty , but it does compare with the coolness factor, and I suspect it wins in the mintage category (probably by a factor of 1000)}

s-l1600.jpg

I so love Pirate looking silver it's cool as hell.Nice bar.

2 hours ago, craig12 said:

well the libertad set was for my grandaughters 1st birthdsay   im sure £70 isnt 15 times spot price thats all i paid whats in the box  around 1.77 ounces   isnt that around 3 .8 x spot

Apologies for the calculation error, but my point still stands. You decry people buying silver at 3-4 times spot, and yet you are happy to do so yourself. Perhaps the people buying silver lego are also buying them for their grandaughters birthday. Although I'm at a loss to wonder why that would make any difference to the subject.

Personally I think people are daft for buying silver coins at 20-25% over spot, which practically everyone on this forum does. But I wouldn't start a thread saying "No more coins please". After all, the coin world is full of gimmicks where ever you look. Proof, HR Proof, Antique finish, 1.5oz, A different cuddly animal coin every 5 minutes, Fancy boxes. Different shaped coins, Coin bars, etc etc etc.

Have to disagree with Craig, not everyone is out for an investment with a return %, many of us myself included enjoy collecting Silver in all its forms, premiums are higher sure, but if the need to sell arises then those premiums generally carry over to your sale price. So i just see them as a fun "store of value". Might spend £20 on an ounce but generally can still sell it on for £20, or maybe more. No real loss, sure not much gain on an "investment" but if i really wanted an investment id buy piles of bullion bars or stocks / shares. Coins, rounds and nice poured items are fun collection storing my cash in a fun enjoyable way. That said, i only have poured bars, nothing "gimmicky yet" but maybe.

Horses for courses :)

9 hours ago, Euromir said:

Have to disagree with Craig, not everyone is out for an investment with a return %, many of us myself included enjoy collecting Silver in all its forms, premiums are higher sure, but if the need to sell arises then those premiums generally carry over to your sale price. So i just see them as a fun "store of value". Might spend £20 on an ounce but generally can still sell it on for £20, or maybe more. No real loss, sure not much gain on an "investment" but if i really wanted an investment id buy piles of bullion bars or stocks / shares. Coins, rounds and nice poured items are fun collection storing my cash in a fun enjoyable way. That said, i only have poured bars, nothing "gimmicky yet" but maybe.

I wholeheartedly concur. Just today I picked up 10 of each of these 1oz pieces for my nieces and nephews. What better way to introduce them to silver? ...and (at $21 US) for less than 30 per cent premium to spot!!

73e4ff8ee9c80de2d8c7f6346aae21e6_1024x1024.jpg

516abf45e4a504a43976ad864d06141e_grande.jpg

I like poured silver because you can hold it in your hand, it does not need a case or mark with finger prints ( unless sanded and highly polished ) which is not needed after a tumble.

I have minted and poured bars, minted coins and they are great but now I have gone poured silver I will not go back. 

Just don't expect me to melt the Panda's or Libertads just yet though. 

11 minutes ago, Vern said:

Just don't expect me to melt the Panda's or Libertads just yet though. 

If you ever do, then make a video of it. ;)

There will be certain forum members who will be having cold sweats at the very thought of melting those coins.  

On 07/06/2016 at 20:37, HighlandTiger said:

If you ever do, then make a video of it. ;)

There will be certain forum members who will be having cold sweats at the very thought of melting those coins.  

Lol, I can afford to be even more unpopular :D

On 6/7/2016 at 09:35, Euromir said:

I agree, my personal bullion collection is shiny, and I also don't have two bullion items that are the same.   I'm a Magpie.

Archived