• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen Vic Veiled Head Half Sovereign

Gordy

Just a quick one for all you Sov experts..

Would it be good value at £249.00? 

Might be a stupid question as far as gold content but I only have and have only been interested in Gillicks previously

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

3 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

As always, it depends on the coin and condition.

The London Mint ones are all common so pretty much bullion unless in high grade.

There are lots of scarce years and rarities among the Aussie Mints.

so, would a bullion condition one be deemed at good value, just that i dont know much about the veiled heads 

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

249 would be expensive

cool, thats what i thought, just needed to ask, cheers matey

Completely agree, paying £249 would be difficult to sell on for a profit in the short to medium term.

I think its worth paying a bit extra for these sort of coins when the Gold price has done well but when the Gold price is low like it is now, I would prefer to go for bullion coins as you will likely see more upside potential in bullion coins when the market breaks higher

1164729217_Auronumsignature(1).png.69387f1a7280b8a818444abd03521778.png 

Auronum offers weekly Precious Metal Market reports that are published each Sunday evening. Download the latest report at: https://auronum.co.uk/

Just now, Auronum said:

Completely agree, paying £249 would be difficult to sell on for a profit in the short to medium term.

I think its worth paying a bit extra for these sort of coins when the Gold price has done well but when the Gold price is low like it is now, I would prefer to go for bullion coins as you will likely see more upside potential in bullion coins when the market breaks higher

Yeah i agree, it was an ad and it made me think, it would have been to keep but i'm not pulling the trigger on this one as tbh i just prefer gillicks for some reason.. or new even though they have a different tone as i do like the 2022 sovs

that's cool. Also, I love the 2022 design on the Sovereigns. I know some collectors have turned their nose up at the crown Gold which I completely understand. Nothing is better than that beautiful deep yellow!

1164729217_Auronumsignature(1).png.69387f1a7280b8a818444abd03521778.png 

Auronum offers weekly Precious Metal Market reports that are published each Sunday evening. Download the latest report at: https://auronum.co.uk/

29 minutes ago, Auronum said:

that's cool. Also, I love the 2022 design on the Sovereigns. I know some collectors have turned their nose up at the crown Gold which I completely understand. Nothing is better than that beautiful deep yellow!

Everyone has there own preference which is good as we'd all be after the same coins

The premium for a bullion half sovereign is in the ball park of 6-8% over spot. This price is good for your veiled head Victoria as well as Edward VII, George V and the newer minty ones. Anything older than this and the premiums start to rise.

Condition is everything though, watch out for ex jewellery halves from this period, which is a lower grade (and price range) than standard bullion. There's a good few of them around, with polished and worn surfaces.

Bullion full sovereign 1895 (S) & Half Sovereign 1895 (London) to fit a sterling silver 1895 (Birmingham) holder. These were bought many years ago, and found out that half Sovereigns are not exactly half the price of a full sovereign! 

Nothing has changed. I do not collect half sovs  - but  if I did, they would probably be Vic. Jubilee shield backs, which are more interesting than G&Ds.  Don't like 1/4 sovereigns either😝!

IMG_2760 (2).JPG

IMG_2764.JPG