• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Damaged 1oz Silver Eagle bought from EMK

As stated above, as it’s bullion don’t worry, only if it were proof. I bought a 1/2oz Gold Eagle the other month. I was happy with it, then spotted something that almost made me return it, then realised it was bullion and thought again, especially when I realised the issue was a strike through error, so I definitely kept the coin (which I bought also from EMK which is actually based near me in Germany). 

On 02/02/2022 at 20:25, James32 said:

Think it would make an excellent candidate for a pocket piece?? I appreciate its not the outcome you wanted, but the dealer ain't playing ball ( their loss overall)

Keep it as part of your journey or sell it on here?? Either way you lost a few £ but the dealer lost a possible life long customer. 

On 02/02/2022 at 20:25, James32 said:

Think it would make an excellent candidate for a pocket piece?? I appreciate its not the outcome you wanted, but the dealer ain't playing ball ( their loss overall)

Keep it as part of your journey or sell it on here?? Either way you lost a few £ but the dealer lost a possible life long customer. 

Yep I probably also turned a few people reading this post off them too.. has me. :) 👍 

On 07/02/2022 at 00:23, HillWalkerDundee said:

My view is that the coin is defective. It has a hole in it and you are paying exactly the same for the defective as you would a unblemished one. I must read up on the distance selling regulations.

Personally, from a customer service point of view, i would not purchase any more from that company (TSF is better). I wouldnt leave it there though, i would let the company know you arent buying any more and why - they cant improve without feedback. I would also use social media e.g. Trust Pilot etc.

👍 

Have PMed you my thoughts. :)