• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

0.5 kg Silver Coin

13 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

Is there any particular reason why you're looking for a 500g silver coin ? 

Why buy half when you can get a whole kilo from most mints !!!  😊

When I want a vodka, always I am choosing only 500ml, even are plenty of another kilo bottles from most brands. 

A half I can manage, a kilo sometimes is too much.😋

I have never seen any 500g coins. This weight is used for bars. (Very nice feeling in hand, I love them!)

The cheapest brand new bars can be bought now (at today's £16.71/oz spot price) around £361 each (£22.50/oz), VAT included plus post. Not too bad for brand new, but still high premium. If you want to sell them, on private market are selling quick between £340 and £350, depending of brand, so you will not lose too much on resale. 

Cheers!

Stefan.

41 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

Half a bottle, 500ml in one sitting ! 😱

Do you need to attend alcohol anonymous or anything !? 😂

20211211_112910.thumb.jpg.19dddb64d84762f762179ec59448bdfc.jpg

How Far Far Away from Peterborough you are?

Join me to one meeting of anonymous to share some odd weights/volumes from 333, 500, 750 to 1000. Maybe after we will get to know better, I will tell you why I have fff in my nickname and you will tell me why panda. About Happy and 88 it is very clear.😊

Cheers! 🍷🍸🍹🍻

Stefan.

18 minutes ago, argentumstacker said:

The reason why I'm asking for 500g is that 1kg coins seem to be always sold out for some reason 😄

I'll have a look at the Lunar 1 and 2 series as @KevinFlynn mentioned

On 10/12/2021 at 06:06, KevinFlynn said:

No regular stacking ware, though.

This was a real serious sentence. Both series are not current. Lunar I do command a high collector's premium, Lunar II are better on that, but the half kilos are few. The Lunar I I can find are at a 250% premium at least, the Lunar II start at 50% but go up quickly to 100%, depending on the dealer...

As been stated, half kilos are the odd one out coin size (the current Lunar III series doesn't even have them anymore). Let us maybe take a step back and ask what do you want them for? Do you want half a kilo of silver? Do you want a sought after collector's piece? And why would you want a coin at that weight? Collectibility? Then stay with one kilos, as half kilos are no standard size and will always be more expensive. What about 10 ouncers?

Personal opinion: everything above one or two ounces is not coin worthy to me. Anything above I would buy as bars (preferably cast) - stacker's perspective.

Edited by KevinFlynn

22 minutes ago, KevinFlynn said:

This was a real serious sentence. Both series are not current. Lunar I do command a high collector's premium, Lunar II are better on that, but the half kilos are few. The Lunar I I can find are at a 250% premium at least, the Lunar II start at 50% but go up quickly to 100%, depending on the dealer...

As been stated, half kilos are the odd one out coin size (the current Lunar III series doesn't even have them anymore). Let us maybe take a step back and ask what do you want them for? Do you want half a kilo of silver? Do you want a sought after collector's piece? And why would you want a coin at that weight? Collectibility? Then stay with one kilos, as half kilos are no standard size and will always be more expensive. What about 10 ouncers?

Personal opinion: everything above one or two ounces is not coin worthy to me. Anything above I would buy as bars (preferably cast) - stacker's perspective.

Ah, the premiums are too high, I might stick with 10oz then ( I'm bored with 10oz though since most QB 10oz are out of stock in most places, and I don't want a 10oz Britannia) maybe 1kg is the way to go