• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Any Recommendation for Good Value Storage Vault?

Hello World!! 

I start stacking a year ago. And recently been thinking buying and storing precious metals outside my country (Hong Kong).

Any recommendations for good value storage vault? I looked at Royalmint in UK, they are charging 20% VAT for silver. But they do not have minimum in purchase. Others I have looked at like Kitco, Lpm Singapore, all have a very high minimum for purchase. 

Any clues will be helpful. thank you thank you!!

Are you wanting a physical vault that you put physical metals in? Like a safety deposit box? If so, those are always very expensive and very impractical if you are not very nearby them. 

As to online vaulting - I have my opinions on them being questionable - just numbers on a screen in my opinion - there are lots of options out there, some you have already mentioned!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

On 19/11/2021 at 16:54, Macaucheers said:

Hello World!! 

I start stacking a year ago. And recently been thinking buying and storing precious metals outside my country (Hong Kong).

Any recommendations for good value storage vault? I looked at Royalmint in UK, they are charging 20% VAT for silver. But they do not have minimum in purchase. Others I have looked at like Kitco, Lpm Singapore, all have a very high minimum for purchase. 

Any clues will be helpful. thank you thank you!!

I see you are from HK.  Not feeling confident about your government's draconian methods, eh?  😜   All kidding aside, I think you should first consider which country you think is stable (in terms of rule of law) on where you want to store your precious metals.  Canada, Australia, and the UK comes to mind.   If Canada is a potential choice, you may consider the following:

1) The Canadian Mint

Precious Metals Storage Services | The Royal Canadian Mint

2) Brinks (you would need a Canadian bullion dealer who deals with Canadian Brinks to transfer your purchases to Brinks storage facilities)

Brink's Global Services - Precious Metals (brinksglobal.com)

Just some food for thought, and good luck on your decision!

thank you @SilverStorm well, i guess any country except US and China is a good choice!! most of my friends already went to Dubai and work. Recently got a fine of US$75 by the official, because one of my flower pots has a couple water droplets dripping on the street. now i am really scared, they are trying to squeeze every penny out of its people. Got to find a way out........ 

Edited by Macaucheers
change of wording