• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

When there's never enough chibi's

DarkChameleon

Coming up to 50 different chibis and got to get them all..lol.

Some are nice and profitable like Darth Vader and The Child, all come in a limited mintage of 2000 but they are also very prone to fakes, especially the child but you can be safer if you look carefully at the coins holding case, there are little tabs of the white plastic holding each coin in the holder, the fakes don't have that and when you look at the advertising they loophole the description saying it was from an estate etc but its a fake silver plated junk copy...the quality of the coin shows up much better on legit coins....here are some of my collection which allwere bought from the new zealand mint.

They release new coins at 4 per month and you can buy the months release in one go guaranteeing the same number coin of the 2000 but you can get a number under 200 if you pay for the premium coin which comes in a plastic holder with the description on the holder which holds the entire box and coin.

Some have been graded and sellfor about 150% and more then the standard cost....some of the coins are selling for under the retail price and some well over on fleabay,right now new zealand is under lock down so buying now might delay shipping but they are good with delivery as I've bought from them every month for ages and had no problems.

20210910_175333.jpg

20210910_180053.jpg

20210910_180125.jpg

20210910_181600.jpg

49 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Sorry, but there are way too much chibis. Cause as a addicted i would have to get them all. Four every month are way too much... But they are funny.

https://chibicoins.de

Complete list by a german collector.

I started at the beginning so its easier to keep going but it's like $5000 a year to keep up with just none premium...but people have sold collections for premium cash but I'd expect like $8000 to sell what I've already got, if jt goes pokemon though it coukd go ridiculous, graded mickeys went for I think $500.

8 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

I started at the beginning so its easier to keep going but it's like $5000 a year to keep up with just none premium...but people have sold collections for premium cash but I'd expect like $8000 to sell what I've already got, if jt goes pokemon though it coukd go ridiculous, graded mickeys went for I think $500.

For me 5k a year for chibis is way too much. That's too many different chibi series and only a couple will go for a nice premium. Mickey, Darth Vader, R2D2, Boba... what about the other 40+? Not even the Disney princesses selling out at the mint. You can find every chibi still at many, many dealers. Some dealers stopped offering New ones. Right now they are offered at several dealers for around 70€ (from 120/150) and are still available. You will hardly sell them for this. I like them, nice collection. But they are just too many.

35 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

For me 5k a year for chibis is way too much. That's too many different chibi series and only a couple will go for a nice premium. Mickey, Darth Vader, R2D2, Boba... what about the other 40+? Not even the Disney princesses selling out at the mint. You can find every chibi still at many, many dealers. Some dealers stopped offering New ones. Right now they are offered at several dealers for around 70€ (from 120/150) and are still available. You will hardly sell them for this. I like them, nice collection. But they are just too many.

The Disney princesses don't even stand up outside the holder, its the first to not stand up, not like taking it out will ever happen unless you really want your money value to drop...lol.

5 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

Do you know. I was looking on the New Zealand mint at some they had in stock and it says free worldwide shipping. Then I type in my address and it says does not ship to this location?

is this just because they are currently in lockdown

It should be unless there's an exclusion list with the taxes issue but all lime have shipped to Florida free and pretty fast for the distance.

Edited by DarkChameleon

On 12/09/2021 at 09:37, FlorinCollector said:

Do you know. I was looking on the New Zealand mint at some they had in stock and it says free worldwide shipping. Then I type in my address and it says does not ship to this location?

is this just because they are currently in lockdown

The mandolorian came out yesterday, all sold out in 4 hours now selling on fleabay for double the price, glad I bought three of them.