• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Going rate on silver 1oz coins

Hi, fairly new to this.. what is the going rate for the following 1oz Silver and what would you pay max for them 

Canadian Maple
Kruggerand
US Eagle 
Australian Kangaroos
Philharmonic
Panda
Brittania

Any info would be appreciated 🙌🏼

Edited by Dazzamcleod

If the 'going rate' is to be judged by the current asking prices - almost anywhere - I'm still out of buying much at all, although I did pick up a tube of Beasts for well under £500 on ebay recently; gold makes more sense to me currently.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

6 minutes ago, Coverte said:

If the 'going rate' is to be judged by the current asking prices - almost anywhere - I'm still out of buying much at all, although I did pick up a tube of Beasts for well under £500 on ebay recently; gold makes more sense to me 

Whats the most should someone really pay for a Single Q Beast in silver like you have just purchased 

it all depends on the demand, on here members look to pay as little as possible and anywhere near £25.00 an ounce is good up to £28.00, some sell for more for obvious reasons and ebay is a classic example as Pandas will generally go for more than philharmonics, it is all down to what you are willing to let them go for on here.. 

just keep looking at the sale section on here for going rates for members then add a few quid extra if going on ebay

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

1 minute ago, Dazzamcleod said:

Whats the most should someone really pay for a Single Q Beast in silver like you have just purchased 

same again, depends on the beast itself as some command a better premium than others, you'd pay more for a griffin than you would a greyhound.. 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

The eagles and pandas will probably be around £30. The rest £26-27 except for the Britannias which will be somewhere in between.

Obviously condition will affect this. Most people will want nice clean coins. Damaged/discoloured coins will be worth a little less.

And then there are older/desirable dates which will be worth more.

If you are looking to buy then if you're happy with the price it's a good deal. If you are looking to sell then put them up for sale and see what happens...

Good luck.

18 minutes ago, Dazzamcleod said:

Thanks pal, appreciated.. just looking to build them up at the moment and get one of each so better the condition the better 

Search the forum for 'beginner stacks' At least a couple of members have recently offered well priced deals that would suit what you are after.

Do some research on Chards or Atkinson's, they both have good blogs for first time buyers. 

For me an once of silver is worth £18.93 at the moment so if I was buying I'd be looking to pay that or maybe 10-20% over and I'd be content.

Currently though prices on the forum, dealers and eBay are more like 50% premium. 

Just remember, that if you want to sell this quickly, it will likely be to your nearest dealer and they will pay you spot basically. So your 50% mark up will be gone. 

6 minutes ago, TringSilver said:

Just remember, that if you want to sell this quickly, it will likely be to your nearest dealer and they will pay you spot basically. So your 50% mark up will be gone. 

This is a good point. However, I would say that if you are likely to find yourself needing to sell quickly because you need the cash then you probably shouldn't buy it. Just keep the cash. Only spend money on silver/gold that you can safely live without.

That's the million dollar question!!! To start with I'd just do what you mentioned at the start, pick up some bullion coins. Get a feel for it and see what you like. Hang around on here and you'll get an idea of how people make money - long and short term - on their metals. I wouldnt spend any serious money until you're more comfortable with what you're doing. Keep an eye on the trade section to get a feel for what sells and for how much.

Have fun!

2 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

This is a good point. However, I would say that if you are likely to find yourself needing to sell quickly because you need the cash then you probably shouldn't buy it. Just keep the cash. Only spend money on silver/gold that you can safely live without.

Great point 👍

I was looking at different vendors who would be at the York Coin and stamp show and this fella does and Investment lot 10 1oz coins of his choice. His websites a bit mad and out of date but might be worth giving the fella a ring or having a punt on the coins. Iv bought silver from a lovely older fella down south with a similar aged website so Id say don't let that put you off.

http://www.petermorris.co.uk/lists/bullion.html 

17 hours ago, Mark1234 said:

I was looking at different vendors who would be at the York Coin and stamp show and this fella does and Investment lot 10 1oz coins of his choice. His websites a bit mad and out of date but might be worth giving the fella a ring or having a punt on the coins. Iv bought silver from a lovely older fella down south with a similar aged website so Id say don't let that put you off.

http://www.petermorris.co.uk/lists/bullion.html 

An interesting list, thank you.

Notable how minimal the premium is for most. RM proofs 

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.