• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Cheers, I found it online years ago but forgot about it until I got onto eBay ;) Kinda, I mean, they're a bit small (the stone mountain is about 1/3oz of silver and it's not overly cheap either*) but I do see the occasional design which I really want to own. I've got a really nicely toned 1929-S half dollar which I got a while back.

Might collect them eventually, but right now it's just picking out choice examples.

*It was £32 inc P&P, looking at completed listings most of the ones ~£22+ suffer from some pretty severe wear which my example appears not to. It's something I saw years ago and really wanted but couldn't find.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371099938602?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Brief overview, struck to provide funds to commemorate the soldiers who fought for the South in the US civil war, the two men on horses are General Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

Edited by Ares

Probably overpaid by participating in the bidding war than sniping at the end from the beginning (lesson learned there) but I really wanted it dammit! :P

Kind of a shame it wasn't a dollar coin, I would love that, but it's still a really appealing design (to me) so I can deal with it.

Edited by Ares

today i bought four bits of  Medieval bronze jewellery, far from my usual things ! but what the hell adds some diversity! these are going into mine and my girlfriends long term shared numi/antique collection.

post-117-0-44394500-1405803382_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-31408100-1405803394_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-50941600-1405803404_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-89035700-1405803413_thumb.jpg

Edited by madhatter

Today I bought an Australia 1966 round 50c.

ny6upyjy.jpg

Most of my pre "The Silver Forum" time was spent at an Australian forum, along with others from here.

They were often talking about stacking these coins, so I wanted to see what the hype was about.

Purchased for about 5% over spot including shipping, so I think that's a pretty good deal.

Stacker since 2013

Today's buys

Australia 2011 2oz Lunar - £41.16
Australia 2012 2oz Lunar - £40.77
Australia 2014 2oz Lunar - £36.81
USA Silver Eagle 1oz 1986 - £22.99

Ok, so it's buggered up my average, at £20.25 an oz, but I've decided my stack needs a bit of diversity, if I'm going to make any cash out of it.

Collecting will claim you all . . . ;)

Nah this aint' collecting, it's called speculating to accumulate.  :D .

If I wanted to collect, it would be this coin. I think it is the most stunning I've ever seen. The subject matter is right down my street, and I Intend to have one by the end of the year, It will be my xmas present to myself.

$_57.JPG$_57.JPGhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MANUL-Pallas-Cat-Wildlife-Protection-Silver-Coin-500-Togrog-Mongolia-2014-/291187574720?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item43cc21c7c0

Before I went to bed I chucked in a couple of cheeky bids overnight on auctions finishing in the wee small hours, with european sellers selling in US $....

Woke up to find I'd won a Sterling Silver 37g Royal wedding medal for £12.15 delivered

and a 

Canada 2011 Timber Wolf 1 oz, for £14.52 delivered

Nice doing that sort of business before breakfast.   :D

Edited by Highland Tiger

Nothing too exciting: Intercept anti-tarnish pads. I am hoping one of these per coin tube, with a few others stuck inside my sealed storage box along with the obligatory silica gel, will keep my coins and bars minty fresh for years to come. Will be back in a decade to let you know how they do  :lol:

• Founder & Administrator

Nothing too exciting: Intercept anti-tarnish pads. I am hoping one of these per coin tube, with a few others stuck inside my sealed storage box along with the obligatory silica gel, will keep my coins and bars minty fresh for years to come. Will be back in a decade to let you know how they do :lol:

Are they small enough to fit in the kid of a coin tube? Or do they require cutting?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Nothing too exciting: Intercept anti-tarnish pads. I am hoping one of these per coin tube, with a few others stuck inside my sealed storage box along with the obligatory silica gel, will keep my coins and bars minty fresh for years to come. Will be back in a decade to let you know how they do  :lol:

Are they small enough to fit in the kid of a coin tube? Or do they require cutting?

They may require some adjustment, as they are 1 inch squares. If needed I will fold them over, or if thats not possible I'll cut them to fit.

Not quite sure what got into me, but it was cheap...

una4atuj.jpg

From back when Russia and America were getting along

Ok where did you get this.....I saw the exact same thing at the Flea Market at the Bath and West Showground yesterday. He wanted £20 for it.....I wasn't paying that much