• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Since I am in Blackpool I popped into Chards to see what secondary bars they had. Not much in today. I just bought this 26oz for £12.53 spot + 10%.

They only had 2 other bars. One 50g and another 26oz but that was shaped like a corned beef tin (fat at one end and sloping inwards). It looked a bit plain and ugly so gave that a miss.

mygu9u4a.jpg

You can blame me if you wish [emoji1]

Will do Dan  :)  

I actually quite like the idea, in that even if maxcoin goes down I've still got the ounce of silver, and you never know those rounds could be worth something in the future.  Looks like they're selling fast.

Will do Dan :)

I actually quite like the idea, in that even if maxcoin goes down I've still got the ounce of silver, and you never know those rounds could be worth something in the future. Looks like they're selling fast.

It does indeed. Glad I got mine too.

Should be a cool thing to have.

Stacker since 2013

Bank SNAFU cleared up! Paid for

6 Morgans from SilverTrader

1oz 2008 Year of the Rat

1oz 2009 Year of the Ox

1oz 2011 Year of the Rabbit

1oz 2012 Year of the Dragon (Lion privy) - Think a user here sold that one, arshimo2012?

1oz 2013 Year of the Snake (Lion privy).

1991 ASE which has the most beautiful toning of almost any coin I have ever seen.

Only missing the Tiger which I might end up getting in the next week or so

Edited by Ares

Since I am in Blackpool I popped into Chards to see what secondary bars they had. Not much in today. I just bought this 26oz for £12.53 spot + 10%.

They only had 2 other bars. One 50g and another 26oz but that was shaped like a corned beef tin (fat at one end and sloping inwards). It looked a bit plain and ugly so gave that a miss.

mygu9u4a.jpg

Please could you tell us a bit about Chards and what it is like as a shop, if this is off topic could you post it in the non pm section, thanks.

Bank SNAFU cleared up! Paid for

6 Morgans from SilverTrader

1oz 2008 Year of the Rat

1oz 2009 Year of the Ox

1oz 2011 Year of the Rabbit

1oz 2012 Year of the Dragon (Lion privy) - Think a user here sold that one, arshimo2012?

1oz 2013 Year of the Snake (Lion privy).

1991 ASE which has the most beautiful toning of almost any coin I have ever seen.

Only missing the Tiger which I might end up getting in the next week or so

Didn't really think about it, only thought about if after re-reading through thinking "I'm sure i've seen that name somewhere . .  '

Oh well, only a few quid difference which i'm happy to pay :)

Please could you tell us a bit about Chards and what it is like as a shop, if this is off topic could you post it in the non pm section, thanks.

Their shop has very little in the way of display.  The usual window display, some counter displays and that's about it.  Most of the stuff out are gold chains and necklaces and commemorative coins.  There are a lot of items which they hold in stock but you need to wade through their website.  Some stuff will show as in stock and you be added to cart while other stuff you need to check availability.

Their pricing on secondary market stuff is very competitive.  10% on 500g+ bars and 20% on anything less.  They hand a box with silver medallions, replica stamp sets, Jubilee Crown set, 1996 World Cup Medallion set (all 20%) on display.  At £12.50 spot it gives a £/oz of £15 which is the similarly price with cheap bullion.

If you're in the area, definitely worth dropping in.  If there's something you are after, it is best to phone to check first.  Never reply on their website.

They should be moving to new premises soon and should have a larger display area.  It's a shame since they have so much stock.

How often do you guys spot something on eBay which you're dead chuffed about getting, but you daren't link it here for fear of introducing another bidder in? ;)

errrrrr, quite regular.  :D

Gotta keep some secrets from the hoi polloi and the riff raff. .........eh  ;)

Agreed, some things are worth keeping schtum about.

If I see something and don't want it, I'll post it up.

I'm the same, hence the post I made about the Weightons coin offer.

If i'm after something then it's every man for himself, but If i spot something that is of no interest to me, but I know someone on here might be interested in then I'll always post it. 

Even only after a short time on this forum, you soon get a feel for what coins other members like and are after.