• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Whats your preferred metal?

Gold, Silver or Other?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred metal? (NOT multiple choice)

• Gold
    • Silver
    • Platinum
    • Copper
    • Other (please state)
    • Not fussed - I purchase based on opportunity within budget

Reading the Silver area of the forum got me wondering why many on here are Silver maximists/fundamentalists (tongue in cheek btw, before someone starts posting about religion). Logic would assume its because of budget in comparison to Gold, but many comments are exaggerated (re: inflation) given its role to play in the industrials. Before someone points out, aye, its heavily suppressed in the futures market. Dont get me wrong I own, have owned and trade Silver when I feel its needed, it just doesnt feel as secure as Gold. Maybe its a psychological thing but you get more benefits out of Gold and its primary purpose is monetary value which makes it a default on really anything.

Gold for me.

Would be interesting if posters on here prefers either Platinum or Copper, over Gold or Silver. I have only met one person in my life who is huge on Copper trading and investing.

Choosing silver over gold or platinum is no different to deciding which beer or lager to buy for a BBQ.
You choose what you like and maybe select a preferred brand over another if it has an offer on price.
Holding physical Silver and Platinum however have lost a lot of their appeal in the UK because of 20% VAT.
There will be multiple stories of historic gains buying and selling gold but there will also be just as many about silver.
No right answer to this !

1 minute ago, Minimalist said:

Well... Silver tarnishes in water.

I'd be checking your water and maybe not drinking too much of it until tested if your silver is tarnishing.
If your water is pure then I am afraid your silver is somewhat dodgy !!

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I'd be checking your water and maybe not drinking too much of it until tested if your silver is tarnishing.
If your water is pure then I am afraid your silver is somewhat dodgy !!

There is no need to trivialize it, Silver tarnishes in water. Accept the truth, Rudy.

Im silver bug, but if I could afford more gold Id buy it. Its about what can I afford at said time, granted I could have bought sovs, but i just love the feel of silver and i feel the coins look so lovely in silver.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Reading the Silver area of the forum got me wondering why many on here are Silver maximists/fundamentalists (tongue in cheek btw, before someone starts posting about religion). Logic would assume its because of budget in comparison to Gold, but many comments are exaggerated (re: inflation) given its role to play in the industrials. Before someone points out, aye, its heavily suppressed in the futures market. Dont get me wrong I own, have owned and trade Silver when I feel its needed, it just doesnt feel as secure as Gold. Maybe its a psychological thing but you get more benefits out of Gold and its primary purpose is monetary value which makes it a default on really anything.

Gold for me.

Would be interesting if posters on here prefers either Platinum or Copper, over Gold or Silver. I have only met one person in my life who is huge on Copper trading and investing.

1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

There is no need to trivialize it, Silver tarnishes in water. Accept the truth, Rudy.

I'm impressed that you've managed to work out that liking something doesn't automatically make it

the best choice every time. we all like silver(it's why we've found our way to thesilverforum). some of

us choose to defend silver to the bitter end. whilst others try a more practical approach, and choose

the best metal for the job at hand based on it's merits. being honest with yourself to each metals pros

and cons is an important step for this.

I like gold because it's requires the least maintenance.(the lazy option)

HH

Essentially its whatever I feel is the best buy. I like silver for the bulk but it hasn't (for the most part) been an economical buy since March 2020. The only metal I've really added in the last year has been gold. Platinum is another I quite like the look and paper price of but again buying physical doesn't make any sense.

On 11/06/2021 at 22:32, HawkHybrid said:

I'm impressed that you've managed to work out that liking something doesn't automatically make it

the best choice every time

Theres nothing wrong with wanting a decentralised monetary policy thats predicated on metals. I couldnt live with myself if I was to claim I have all the "money" for the financial products the bankers market/claim; All that money printed out of thin air, stealing peoples life labour: in effect and inadvertently their only time ever on this planet. I have no time for gangsters/extortion artists. Neither their lickspittles.

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use