• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Powercoin shifting releases.

I ordered an isle of man coin in February this year and the release date was mid may but I've pre sale bought before and a few weeks can make a nice profit the closer it gets to release, in this case it was because I owned the first two releases of the isle of man coins, the king of mann and boudica.20200924_144244.thumb.jpg.89e10601ef9932bb659acf6a350d20ad.jpg

The next coin should be cernunnos: The horned god.

Now I thought having to,wait till mid may was doable, but then it got moved back to April, then May, and now July25th, I understand these are wierd times but they seem able to fulfill most of their other coins, but do I have to wait till a week before release each time to be put on the back burner for another 8, 9, 10 weeks with the only certainty now being that I'm likely to find July 25th not being met either,whether a collector or flipper this is unacceptable to sell with a 5 month wait without pushing others back, its not like I can contact and cancel, because at this point it seems better to wait for the second hand market then buy another coin that arrives in weeks and not indefinatly delayed then let them hold my cash till 2022 to get this set added to.

Edited by DarkChameleon
Spelling

Powercoin are not the only mint pushing back on release dates.

I understand an email from the US Mint has delayed the release of the Denver, San Francisco and Philadelphia versions of the 2021 Morgan dollar, and also of the 2021 Peace dollar.  The email states that the "global silver shortage" has driven up demand and consequently "website anomalies" prevented customers from completing their orders (for the pre-release of the Carson City and New Orleans Morgan dollars a few days ago).  So, the delays in the releases are stated as being to "obtain web traffic management tools to enhance the user experience"!  This does seem to be strange reasoning.

USmint.JPG

7 hours ago, Zhorro said:

Powercoin are not the only mint pushing back on release dates.

I understand an email from the US Mint has delayed the release of the Denver, San Francisco and Philadelphia versions of the 2021 Morgan dollar, and also of the 2021 Peace dollar.  The email states that the "global silver shortage" has driven up demand and consequently "website anomalies" prevented customers from completing their orders (for the pre-release of the Carson City and New Orleans Morgan dollars a few days ago).  So, the delays in the releases are stated as being to "obtain web traffic management tools to enhance the user experience"!  This does seem to be strange reasoning.

USmint.JPG

I'd understand if it was web based delays, or demand for silver but selling other coins at the same time equals plenty of silver to use, web based would be seen by crash after crash but this is neither, iwas emailed by powercoin to say themint was putting delays in place but assured me my coin would be ready to ship by the end of august???....yesterday it was the end of July so they add another month in one day....its not good customer practice, better to take deposits until they are available then take the remainder when due to ship, that way investors or even collectors can use the money to but other things till that date and not the supplier have what could be hundreds of thousands of dollars to use for 3, 4, 5, 6 months or more.

8 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

Was that through powercoin?, I was accepting waiting one month, I pre orderred but 6 months?, I didn't sign on for that.

No, it was the Scottsdale Mint.

I understand your pain of waiting but has this coin been released yet at all? Other dealers also seem to still take pre-orders only so I doubt you could find any of these coins on the second-hand market before you get it based on your pre-order.

Powercoin is on this forum so why not tagging them to your thread? They may be able to explain exactly what is happening. I understand that the coin is produced by private B.H.Mayer's Mint in Munich so dealers are more or less at their mercy if there are production delays.