• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My thoughts on silver as a Noob

Slam

4 minutes ago, Spark268 said:

once you manage that, please share with the rest of us 😁

lol, Im afraid with that one, it will be constant learning curve. However we all know that us average joe gets bullied and taking on a ride by the central banks and governments. 

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

This thread may help for the newer members i started from an education perspective

Unfortunately It says I do not have permissions to see that :(.

Just now, SilverStorm said:

Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it. :(

Ah becuase you need premium membership to see it - the benefits of being a paid member :)

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Id honestly recommend you do pay to join @Slam

@SilverStorm not that I am on commision from @ChrisSilver but Ive been a member for few years now and never looked back :)

It really has its benefits to join.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

26 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Id honestly recommend you do pay to join @Slam

@SilverStorm not that I am on commision from @ChrisSilver but Ive been a member for few years now and never looked back :)

It really has its benefits to join.

Yeah, I am considering it but holding off for now until I can afford to buy a truck load of stuff :), so when I do sign up I can take advantage of it. 

1 hour ago, Slam said:

Currenly im stacking knowledge - Im valuing the silver stacker knowledge more than the actual coin at the moment as I am learning alot more about PM and also our monetary system and how the world works. 

Regarding PM, I got some silver coins, not much at all as I started in March of this year, was looking at around October/November time last year to get in but didn't know much about it, also xmas was around the corner. Little did I know brexit would add VAT on the prices which basically stops all cheap deals on silver if living in UK, oh and premiums. I would say since start of March I have a active interest in it, not long at all, where I have looked at prices almost every day, watched youtube etc. Im just thankful there is so much information out there to build the knowledge.

How about you?

Be interesting to know what other fellow stackers think too as we are the ones starting from fresh.

One thing I am looking forward to is visiting a coin fair or coin show, lol.

Im also looking forward to visiting a coin shop when we open up fully in the UK. 

I started about ten years ago as a collector. The term stacker didn't come to light until the first lockdown, when I started researching how to offset hyper inflation. Turns out I was a stacker and didn't know it, I've just stepped it up a gear in the last year. I'm a bit of a auction addict so I like the pre decimal coins, mainly pre 1920s and a few pre 1947s. I have a fair few different types of bullion grade but will look to sell most of it at some point and stick to two or three different types of coin. I have been a member here for a few months and have started buying into gold to, although I don't enjoy this as much. My long term goal is 100 pieces of gold but only get this buy playing the highs and lows of silver.

This is more if a hobby for me rather than a investment so my budget is limited.

23 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

I started about ten years ago as a collector. The term stacker didn't come to light until the first lockdown, when I started researching how to offset hyper inflation. Turns out I was a stacker and didn't know it, I've just stepped it up a gear in the last year. I'm a bit of a auction addict so I like the pre decimal coins, mainly pre 1920s and a few pre 1947s. I have a fair few different types of bullion grade but will look to sell most of it at some point and stick to two or three different types of coin. I have been a member here for a few months and have started buying into gold to, although I don't enjoy this as much. My long term goal is 100 pieces of gold but only get this buy playing the highs and lows of silver.

This is more if a hobby for me rather than a investment so my budget is limited.

I didn't know a stacker was a thing either. Didn't even know what a bullion coin was to be honest. Right now i feel like a little kid in a candy shop wanting to taste and feel all varieties. 

I have been looking to get some pre 1920 and pre 1947 coins actually by the bucket load but not willing to pay any real premiums on them currently. 

Its great that you was a collector then turned stacker, at least you got in 10 years ago :) and doing what you love.

I just wasted my life away, drinking and going out and buying junk to get my buzz 😭

Archived