• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Query for new woried investors

Robda1986

4 minutes ago, Gordy said:

respect buddy, everyone has to start out somewhere and if the point you start means the prices you pay for silver are £35.00 then i guess you need to pay it if you want to get involved, we all started not knowing much but the wisdom and experience grows with each purchase and month that passes by, so what.. you pay over the odds at first and possible make some dodgy decisions but thats how you learn and in the long term you should hopefully recoup and have enough knowledge to make a decent return at some point or even leave a good investment for your kids... perseverence and patience is important and take good advice from here from experienced and intelligent investors.... this site is great to help you learn...   

Thank-you Gordy, thankfully my average is a lot less than £35.00 😎

The way I'm reading things at the moment is that PMs shot up Feb/Mar last year, I wonder why...  Time will tell if it drops, holds or shoots depending on any following recession or so called squeeze - I maybe fortunate and continue buying as prices settle downwards to a new normal, either way, small regular purchases and I'm sure things will even themselves out in umpteen years time.

I should easily recoup before it goes to the kids, this is a long haul hobbie for me so they have a small surprise investment in the shiny things.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

1 minute ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Thank-you Gordy, thankfully my average is a lot less than £35.00 😎

The way I'm reading things at the moment is that PMs shot up Feb/Mar last year, I wonder why...  Time will tell if it drops, holds or shoots depending on any following recession or so called squeeze - I maybe fortunate and continue buying as prices settle downwards to a new normal, either way, small regular purchases and I'm sure things will even themselves out in umpteen years time.

I should easily recoup before it goes to the kids, this is a long haul hobbie for me so they have a small surprise investment in the shiny things.

exactly.... and along the way you have loads of happy hunting to do

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

21 hours ago, TommyTwoShots said:

Only an idiot would sell with a drop in the silver price 

Hi, @TommyTwoShots,

All of us we are trying the best to play this stacking game. The rules of this game are not simple. The spot price is heavily manipulated, the physical silver market price sometimes is ignoring the spot, the personal pocket and family budget is pushed hard for some of us by bills, loans, lost job, grumpy landlord, wife, kids, unexpected expenses. 

The time to sell it is not the same for everyone. Some stackers are selling now because they are already on profit even with £25/oz physical silver. Some people are desperate and are in need to sell. Some are only flipping, enjoying this game. Not all the sellers are idiots. Try to not put labels, please, my friend!

I will give you only my example:

I am enjoying playing this game, buying at very low premium .500 silver coins, a lot of scrap silver and low premium silver bars ( only 500g, type - personal preference) and a lot of scrap gold, nice gold jewellery and new sovereigns ( sometimes if I am lucky some unusual and rare gold coins ). Also, I am selling every week some silver scrap or old currency at low prices to be able to buy more and, very important, to build a positive feedback on this reputable forum, just in case of emergency exit ( I am not young anymore😊).

When I am selling, I like to be very fair.

When I am buying, I like to be very wise.

My main stack is not for sale now. But I still have lot of fun flipping, buying and selling. I play my game with their rules.

Happy stacking and Happy Easter! 🤗

Stefan.

3 hours ago, stefffana said:

Hi, @TommyTwoShots,

All of us we are trying the best to play this stacking game. The rules of this game are not simple. The spot price is heavily manipulated, the physical silver market price sometimes is ignoring the spot, the personal pocket and family budget is pushed hard for some of us by bills, loans, lost job, grumpy landlord, wife, kids, unexpected expenses. 

The time to sell it is not the same for everyone. Some stackers are selling now because they are already on profit even with £25/oz physical silver. Some people are desperate and are in need to sell. Some are only flipping, enjoying this game. Not all the sellers are idiots. Try to not put labels, please, my friend!

I will give you only my example:

I am enjoying playing this game, buying at very low premium .500 silver coins, a lot of scrap silver and low premium silver bars ( only 500g, type - personal preference) and a lot of scrap gold, nice gold jewellery and new sovereigns ( sometimes if I am lucky some unusual and rare gold coins ). Also, I am selling every week some silver scrap or old currency at low prices to be able to buy more and, very important, to build a positive feedback on this reputable forum, just in case of emergency exit ( I am not young anymore😊).

When I am selling, I like to be very fair.

When I am buying, I like to be very wise.

My main stack is not for sale now. But I still have lot of fun flipping, buying and selling. I play my game with their rules.

Happy stacking and Happy Easter! 🤗

Stefan.

Hi @stefffana
You make a good point about feedback but I’m not planning to sell on here when I do eventually sell. I may change my mind with time.

Have a good Easter 

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Why sell?

Flip the latest royal mint tat to make a quick profit. But that ain't a thing for uneducated newbies unless they can take the hit if it goes wrong.

Buy! Buy! Buy!

Why sell?

Flip the latest royal mint tat to make a quick profit. But that ain't a thing for uneducated newbies unless they can take the hit if it goes wrong.

Archived