• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Understanding how to value the silver you have.

JoeJ

So although I have been collecting silver for a little over a year now I haven't come to sell much as of yet. What I am struggling with is understanding how to value my silver, for example I have some MK Barz pieces at 2ozt each, and these are going on Ebay for around £112 plus around £32 shipping+ import fees etc/ bar, so how should I price an item like this? I have said the lowest I'd go would be around £105 yet these still have no interest? I'm not sure if it is because I'm pricing too low or just the way I am trying to sell?

I appreciate any advice on pricing you may have 🙂

Thank you 🙂👍

Joe

Pricing unique rounds and designs is always going to be tricky.
Some collectors and stackers are only looking at the cost of their silver and not what a manufacturer of something unusual reckons it's worth as art or limited issue.
Always a good start is to check the manufacturer's website and see what prices they are charging for similar items.
If produced in the USA us Brits will be hit by 20% VAT, hefty shipping and broker fees so you would need to be desperate to pay so much.
If however you take the USA list price and divide by the exchange rate and not add VAT and shipping from the USA then you might find UK buyers.
VAT, perhaps a weaker pound w.r.t. exchange rate and expensive shipping all have to be written off I'm afraid.
Hope this helps

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pricing unique rounds and designs is always going to be tricky.
Some collectors and stackers are only looking at the cost of their silver and not what a manufacturer of something unusual reckons it's worth as art or limited issue.
Always a good start is to check the manufacturer's website and see what prices they are charging for similar items.
If produced in the USA us Brits will be hit by 20% VAT, hefty shipping and broker fees so you would need to be desperate to pay so much.
If however you take the USA list price and divide by the exchange rate and not add VAT and shipping from the USA then you might find UK buyers.
VAT, perhaps a weaker pound w.r.t. exchange rate and expensive shipping all have to be written off I'm afraid.
Hope this helps

This helps a lot thank you! 😀

I will have to look into pricing a bit more 🙂, thanks for the helpful information mate 👍

Cheers

Joe

1 hour ago, JoeJ said:

So although I have been collecting silver for a little over a year now I haven't come to sell much as of yet. What I am struggling with is understanding how to value my silver, for example I have some MK Barz pieces at 2ozt each, and these are going on Ebay for around £112 plus around £32 shipping+ import fees etc/ bar, so how should I price an item like this? I have said the lowest I'd go would be around £105 yet these still have no interest? I'm not sure if it is because I'm pricing too low or just the way I am trying to sell?

I appreciate any advice on pricing you may have 🙂

Thank you 🙂👍

Joe

Hello mate.

Not sure what your bars look like, if it's pouring art maybe try and sell them on Etsy or wait for the spotprice to rise to account for the margin you want to achieve. 

23 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Hello mate.

Not sure what your bars look like, if it's pouring art maybe try and sell them on Etsy or wait for the spotprice to rise to account for the margin you want to achieve. 

Thank you 😁👍

🤔 Not thought about selling on Etsy so I shall take a look at it thanks mate 🙂👍

Cheers

Joe

On 19/03/2021 at 15:38, JoeJ said:

some MK Barz pieces at 2ozt each, and these are going on Ebay for around £112 plus around £32 shipping+ import fees etc/ bar

what do you mean by "going for"?
do you mean "selling for" or "on sale for"? big difference.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

20 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

what do you mean by "going for"?
do you mean "selling for" or "on sale for"? big difference.

Selling for, 👇 this is from mk barz account on eBay, it says 4 sold and it's gone up since I last checked to mate 🙂👍

Screenshot_20210320-213951_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210320-214354_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210320-214335_eBay.jpg

Archived