• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is stacking silver a dying game?

Wannapop

Hello All!

I am completely new to stacking silver and am looking to get into it. However due to the obvious rise in premiums and non stop negative comments regarding stacking silver now, I have been completely put off of the idea.

Is this something do you guys think is now the norm for the future of silver stacking? Or is there a chance we will ever get to see days where you can purchase an oz for less that £30?

let me know your thoughts and any tips for a new stacker!

thank you all! 

You can still buy 1oz rounds for less than £30 just have to look as for the negative comments im not sure what you mean by that I feelbits a very positive e thing to be doing aswell as allowing us to save our fiat for that rainy day it also gives us something beautiful to look at 

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

If you are buying at over £30 per ounce you need to ask fellow forum members if they would consider supplying some for less.

I’ll revisit a forum feature suggestion I made a while ago to Chris. We both couldn’t figure out a way for it to work but my idea was based on the SETS system used in share trading. People could submit their prices to buy or sell and it would enter on the system.  For example at a particular time say the spread was 25/26 meaning someone was willing to buy at 25 and someone willing to sell at 26, someone else comes along wanting to buy, they could either hit the ask and pay 26 or enter the price they want to buy and their order would go on the bid, if higher than 25, say 25.5 then the order goes on the bid at 25.5 so the order book becomes 25.5-26.

A seller then comes along, can hit that 25.5 bid and a transaction happens or they could put their order on the ask. If lower then 26 say 25.75 the order book becomes 25.5-25.75. If higher than 26 obviously goes higher up the ask and the bid-ask stay 25.5-26 with no trade happening.

That way the buyers/sellers can be matched up for the best price for both parties and is essentially an amalgamation of all the individual bullion for sale posts.

1 minute ago, Elements said:

I’ll revisit a forum feature suggestion I made a while ago to Chris. We both couldn’t figure out a way for it to work but my idea was based on the SETS system used in share trading. People could submit their prices to buy or sell and it would enter on the system.  For example at a particular time say the spread was 25/26 meaning someone was willing to buy at 25 and someone willing to sell at 26, someone else comes along wanting to buy, they could either hit the ask and pay 26 or enter the price they want to buy and their order would go on the bid, if higher than 25, say 25.5 then the order goes on the bid at 25.5 so the order book becomes 25.5-26.

A seller then comes along, can hit that 25.5 bid and a transaction happens or they could put their order on the ask. If lower then 26 say 25.75 the order book becomes 25.5-25.75. If higher than 26 obviously goes higher up the ask and the bid-ask stay 25.5-26 with no trade happening.

That way the buyers/sellers can be matched up for the best price for both parties and is essentially an amalgamation of all the individual bullion for sale posts.

That would be an amazing feature!

I have looked all over the web for 1oz coins/rounds for less that £30 but no luck, I guess I’m looking in the wrong places! 

10 minutes ago, Wannapop said:

I have looked all over the web for 1oz coins/rounds for less that £30 but no luck, I guess I’m looking in the wrong places! 

There are quite a few Facebook groups with private sellers nad you can still find 1oz rounds for less there are more above £30 though but they should start dropping abit soon if spot doesn't rise 

1 hour ago, Wannapop said:

PM your requirements for coins ( not rounds ) and I may be able to help.
I sold a tube of Canadian Wildlife, 1 oz 9999 silver coins ( like Maples but with a bird of prey featured ) uncirculated condition for about £26 each a few days ago.
I have also been selling 1.5 oz coins for a similar price per ounce.

Archived