• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2016 Chinese Panda Packaging

ChrisSilver

I know its the wrong place but this is a Panda thread this is for newbies to stacking.

Please do not buy any of the silver pandas from china on E-bay, these are plated fakes, i can't tell the world, but if i can save one member from this scam i am happy.

E-bay is inundated with them at the moment buy from reputable dealers only.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liking that new packaging, I was going to go into one about changing troy oz into 30g but then I thought this may have something to do with China's plans to price gold in grams sometime in the future.

I know there are a lot of rumours going around of swiss refineries melting down old western 400oz gold bars and casting them into 1000g gold bars for the chinese government, could these 30g coins be setting the wheels in motion for a future gold/silver standard? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2015, 4:16:15, SilverPirate said:

I know its the wrong place but this is a Panda thread this is for newbies to stacking.

Please do not buy any of the silver pandas from china on E-bay, these are plated fakes, i can't tell the world, but if i can save one member from this scam i am happy.

E-bay is inundated with them at the moment buy from reputable dealers only.

Similarly this book has been referenced on a number of occasions but it is worth mentioning again that this has got to be an essential guide to anyone this is seriously considering  buying pandas in any particular quantity. .

Also be aware that the link below refers to an updated version, while second hand there are a number of the first additions being sold. Having got both, it is worth paying an extra couple of bob for the second addition. 

http://www.pandacollector.com/buyersguide2ed.html

• 2 weeks later...

Strangely EMK says the same for 8g and 15g when coininvest have them on sale as singles.  Maybe some dealers will break up sets.

https://en.emk.com/artikel/789/34862/

The single sizes are therefore only available

within the full set, as the China Mint is only

selling complete sets and no individual coins /

sizes !

--- Sorry, not in our power

I've heard someone else mention this with their dealer elsewhere too.  Didn't think anything of it.

It'll be interesting to see how they're packaged;  

10 pouches per sheet and force dealer to buy a minimum of a sheet of each.  

10 pouches per sheet and cut down but still sold by the set.

Individual pouches and sold by the set.

Pouches containing all sizes within a single sheet. (similar to the old proof sets).

Also had ordered a tray and was expecting an outer cardboard sleeve. When it arrived it is like the YouTube above

On inquiring with Silberling it would appear that these trays and designed to recess within the 'monster box', and thus a cardboard outer would not fit. 

Probably that the cardboard outer was proposed for retail (shop) purposes and may still be available via other sources. Most of the main US online dealers are showing the tray only

• Founder & Administrator

Thanks for the info ArthGoch. Could also be that the cardboard sleeve was an initial idea that they later dropped.

How many plastic trays to a box? Probably a nice way to store them, even if only buying one tray per year you could store them all stacked up nicely in one monster box.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

15 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

Yeah.  He did another video to clarify.

They are in caps and the top and bottom of the tray clip together to make a panda sandwich.

Oh yeah, I just watched it, the packaging is actually looks really nice, think I'll have to get myself a sheet of those.

15 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

Yeah.  He did another video to clarify.

They are in caps and the top and bottom of the tray clip together to make a panda sandwich.

I've spoken to STG twice(2nd reply coming just this morning)

They confirmed they DO NOT come in capsules when buying individually or even as a sheet of 15

They even sent me a link to there coininvest site where I could buy the capsules for £2.70 each 

4 minutes ago, Bigchilli said:

I've spoken to STG twice(2nd reply coming just this morning)

They confirmed they DO NOT come in capsules when buying individually or even as a sheet of 15

They even sent me a link to there coininvest site where I could buy the capsules for £2.70 each 

Someone there is supplying incorrect info.  The coins come in capsules direct from the mint.

This is also my understanding. - I order 1 x 15 ( tray) plus one single.

All came in capsules, and I cannot see any difference between the capsules used in the tray with that of the single.

Similarly within the order Silberling provided a number of single coins not normally sent from the mint with capsules, ( 2016 Britannia for example,) and these simply came singularly in ziplock bags.

Thus by assumption the single Panda was provided with a mint capsule 

• Founder & Administrator

@Bigchilli Who did you speak with at STG? And did you specifically state silver panda? As the gold pandas don't come in capsules, which might of been the confusion. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

This was the email

2016 silver pandas

Me to helpdesk@silver-to-go.comSent

Hi
Do the 2016 pandas come in plastic capsules?I know they do if you buy the 15 blister pack but what about individually? Only after half a dozen at present
Thanks
Neil

sales@silver-to-go.com to you

No capsules! 

https://www.coininvest.com/en/capsules/

You can purchase them extra in the link above!

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for further questions!

Your STG Team

European Precious Metal Trading GmbH            
Westhafenplatz 1
60327 Frankfurt a/M
Germany

Tel: +44 20 351 475 83
Mail: Livia.Koeller@epm-trading.com

Company Registry:  HRB 98128
VAT ID:  DE292730488

Me to salesSent

Hi
Thanks for the response
If I order 15 will they come in capsules,and in the plastic tray?
Thanks
Neil
sales@silver-to-go.com to you

No capsules, plastic tray yes.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for further questions!

Your STG Team

European Precious Metal Trading GmbH            
Westhafenplatz 1
60327 Frankfurt a/M
Germany

Tel: +
44 20 351 475 83

Mail: Livia.Koeller@epm-trading.com

Company Registry:  HRB 98128
VAT ID:  DE292730488

1 hour ago, ChrisSilver said:

@Bigchilli Who did you speak with at STG? And did you specifically state silver panda? As the gold pandas don't come in capsules, which might of been the confusion. 

I emailed silver to go,thery don't do gold so I assume they knew it was silver although looking back I didn't actually mention silver apart from email header

Archived