• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The dreaded delivery waiting game!

Scaffstacker

Hi guys I’m staffstacker and as you can see I’m new to the forum and collecting precious metals in general, 

I’m here awaiting my first 100g silver bar to get started,

im just wondering does delivery day always take over your life? 

any tips or deals are appreciated.

Welcome aboard TSF - best place to be, for knowledge , advice and fun in the PM world

Trailer Ok GIF

14 minutes ago, Scaffstacker said:

im just wondering does delivery day always take over your life? 

Nice glass of wine and relax! "Smile" at the prospect and anticipation of it's arrival!

I feel your excitement brother!

The worst part for me is not being able to tell anyone, or show off my stack, just in case they rob me. Of course all my stack is at the bank in a safety deposit box/buried in the garden/under the floor boards. 

Check out the "I just received" photo thread to while away the hours until it arrives . ... And then post a picture of yours when it does arrive.

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

24 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Welcome aboard TSF - best place to be, for knowledge , advice and fun in the PM world

Trailer Ok GIF

Nice glass of wine and relax! "Smile" at the prospect and anticipation of it's arrival!

Thanks for the kind welcome, I think I’m going to be aboard this ship for a long while, I stupidly had a black coffee and kind of made the anticipation anxiety worst. 

feel good though have gone from in my eyes the learning curve purchase of 1g pamp gold bar (SIM card) to awaiting a 100g silver metalor bar after a week. :) 

have a good weekend.

12 minutes ago, onlyroadtoheaven said:

I feel your excitement brother!

The worst part for me is not being able to tell anyone, or show off my stack, just in case they rob me. Of course all my stack is at the bank in a safety deposit box/buried in the garden/under the floor boards. 

Check out the "I just received" photo thread to while away the hours until it arrives . ... And then post a picture of yours when it does arrive.

The excitement is real brother, 

such an exciting positive hobby I find only a week in after making a impulse 1g gold pamp bar I view as my learning curve haha, 

I have your dilemma to look forward too haha.

hope you have a good weekend.

Well I am in a similar position having just started up again.

Waiting on 1 oz gold brit and 2 x 100 g silver bars to be delivered.  Kids are excited as well which is cool as I want them to learn about money and assets.  

7 hours ago, Nugget said:

Waiting on 1 oz gold brit and 2 x 100 g silver bars to be delivered.  Kids are excited as well which is cool as I want them to learn about money and assets.  

Are you insinuating I’ve been knocked and leave it to the kids?!

7 hours ago, Nugget said:

Lovely order I’ll do exactly the same when I’ve encountered trusted sellers, it’s all a learning process, I’m a bit doubtful as it’s past the next day delivery stage so I apologise, Is 100g metalor silver bar delivered for £90 all in far stretched? Appreciate the knowledge.

5 hours ago, Scaffstacker said:

Lovely order I’ll do exactly the same when I’ve encountered trusted sellers, it’s all a learning process, I’m a bit doubtful as it’s past the next day delivery stage so I apologise, Is 100g metalor silver bar delivered for £90 all in far stretched? Appreciate the knowledge.

I'm new to this as well mate and understand the feelings of nervous anticipation which I'm sure settles down once you get a feel for it.

I bought my first Silver Brits from online dealer and since taking out the Premium membership I've did a few buys on here from members at better value than you would get from dealers so I've found that money well spent!

Also excitedly awaiting my first Gold Brit!!

£90 seems ok to me for the bar including delivery but more experienced heads would probably disagree.Best thing to do is educate yourself by comparing prices with various dealers as well ebay and similar sales on here. 

Welcome and good luck in future!!

As Bluegeo states above, give it time.

Most people are the same, we buy something and want it now. However, with the post being all over the shop currently it's probably just held up.  Relax, and read up on more stuff, learn more about PMs and plan your next purchase.  That's what I've been doing.

A 100g metalor bar from Atkinson's is about £110 so you have saved some money 🙂

I've ordered two 100g bars as my kids wanted a bar. I wouldn't normally buy bars and I'm not so keen on silver with the vat and premium now, but in the grand scheme of life and my next 50+ years (hopefully) it won't make too much difference whether I paid £85 or £90 (mine were about the same as yours but special delivery).

I will be upgrading my membership to silver shortly with the money I saved on the bars.  The more I save on the forum the higher membership I will buy (gives forum an incentive too then).  

Would I buy £1500 of gold on here? Not without serious consideration and would have to use PayPal not bank transfer. But I can take a punt with a few hundred quid.

Archived