• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint unknown soldier series

Connor

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/remembrance-day/

Has anyone seen this? And what are your thoughts? From a purely pounds per ounce (28g) perspective, it's very pricey, but it's lovely looking and some of the proceeds go to the Legion. There's 2020 of them being made, do you think it's worth a buy?

the-remembrance-day-2020-uk-5-silver-proof-coin-reverse-edge-in-case-left---uk20rdsp.webp

Yep, got an email from Royal Mint earlier and had a look, personal preference but I don’t like coloured coins, was a bit sad as I would have bought it if it wasn’t coloured.

Having said that, I’d consider getting the Cupro-Nickel one just for a keep sake.

5 minutes ago, Jinks said:

Yep, got an email from Royal Mint earlier and had a look, personal preference but I don’t like coloured coins, was a bit sad as I would have bought it if it wasn’t coloured.

Having said that, I’d consider getting the Cupro-Nickel one just for a keep sake.

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2020-centenary-of-the-unknown-warrior-remembrance-day-gold-proof-quarter-sovereign-4799.html

This might interest you? 

Buy it if you like it but it’s a collectible coin rather than an investment. Not for much profit if any in my opinion if/when the time comes to sell. 

You list yourself as a stacker so bullion is probably the way forward, unless you want to diversify into proof collectibles. 

Do I think it’s worth a buy? It depends on your aims, assuming you have a particular strategy. There’s no harm in buying what you like, but when it comes to selling you’ll see some coins (proof sovereigns) are more in demand than a lot of the commemorative stuff. Nice coin though, but I’d rather save for something else.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

34 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

Buy it if you like it but it’s a collectible coin rather than an investment. Not for much profit if any in my opinion if/when the time comes to sell. 

You list yourself as a stacker so bullion is probably the way forward, unless you want to diversify into proof collectibles. 

Do I think it’s worth a buy? It depends on your aims, assuming you have a particular strategy. There’s no harm in buying what you like, but when it comes to selling you’ll see some coins (proof sovereigns) are more in demand than a lot of the commemorative stuff. Nice coin though, but I’d rather save for something else.

Hi, I'm serving still so this is more of a sentimental buy than something I would want to profit from

29 minutes ago, Paul said:

Buy now receive it by August bank holiday 2021

😂 Ain't that the truth. I think my order will be returned tbh, the mint only does so long then cancels on you I think.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2020 at 07:40, Connor said:

Hi, I'm serving still so this is more of a sentimental buy than something I would want to profit from

Fair enough. Respect, buddy.

I’ve been guilty of that too in all honesty. I bought the first £2 gold RAF coin when it was released (the one with the RAF emblem on it). It was an impulse buy. Now it just reminds me of my old beret. I could have saved £800 and just kept my beret!

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

5 hours ago, GoodAsGold said:

Fair enough. Respect, buddy.

I’ve been guilty of that too in all honesty. I bought the first £2 gold RAF coin when it was released (the one with the RAF emblem on it). It was an impulse buy. Now it just reminds me of my old beret. I could have saved £800 and just kept my beret!

I'll take £800 of shiney over my beret any day of the week mate 😂🍻

Archived