• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Should I return these?

Animaru

I bought a coin i was after for a while (wasn't this forum - 'twas another) and when it arrived it was the worst coin i have ever seen for milking. There was no mention of this on the (vague) selling post. I also paid a large premium for the coin (2.5 x spot). I kept the coin because the seller was established and i was a relatively new member. As a long time collector of numismatic coins i accept that some coins are marked / toned etc. I would not have paid the premium though if i had known...

It's a dilemma - do you insist on a refund and potentially lose a resource or accept the fact that newbies will occasionally get suckered. Most people replying to this post won't make that sort of statement but the reality is just that.

P.S. Milk spots are for life, you can't remove them without causing damage to the surface of the coin.

15 hours ago, Animaru said:

Also, do you care about the rims of the coins. He seems to have suggested that they don't matter?

"Splashes" of milkiness on the rims seem common on these coins and personally I wouldn't reject them if this were the only problem. Each to their own though.

Funnily enough, the only other coins I have often seen affected in this way are also 2 oz. The Elemetal Mint ultra high res series, Privateer and Egyptian Gods.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

45 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

I bought a coin i was after for a while (wasn't this forum - 'twas another) and when it arrived it was the worst coin i have ever seen for milking. There was no mention of this on the (vague) selling post. I also paid a large premium for the coin (2.5 x spot). I kept the coin because the seller was established and i was a relatively new member. As a long time collector of numismatic coins i accept that some coins are marked / toned etc. I would not have paid the premium though if i had known...

It's a dilemma - do you insist on a refund and potentially lose a resource or accept the fact that newbies will occasionally get suckered. Most people replying to this post won't make that sort of statement but the reality is just that.

P.S. Milk spots are for life, you can't remove them without causing damage to the surface of the coin.

This happens to established members too, I personally complained about mine but the seller decided to attack me, try to claim they were not their coins and if I tried to tell anyone and ruin their rep it would go both ways.

Its not so much if you are a newbie, its about the type of person you buy from, sadly there are just some rather sad people in the world.

As members of forums like these we all have a pretty good understanding that milking means you can kiss premiums goodbye unless its a very rare exception. So if you sell coins knowing they are milked without mentioning it in the post, I think you are a scummy person, just my personal opinion on it.

Archived