• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sales in the Sales forum

Agree with Pete, it's spot related.

When you can buy maples for £12 from STG, there is less buyers with less money for £16 silver in the forum.

Everybody is blowing budgets on silly cheap silver and circa £170 sovereigns [emoji3]

Stacker since 2013

I am selling at an average loss, but re-buying from silver to go,it is hard, margins are tight but it can be done,buyers are not prolific. 

Is there any thing in particular you are after stack em ? i am still selling at the moment. I can not compete with the mass purchase STG orders but the odd piece i might make someones day.

Having started selling my stack and re-buying,i think  our stacks should be permanently for sale,as we can sell and re-buy to maximize our stacks keep them liquid re-building all the time.As long as the sums add up correctly and the seller do's not loose out in the long run.

Collections on the other hand are sold to a different agenda, i.e. Out of favor,Death,capital to be raised for other projects , all sorts. 

Stack or collections sold then ounces bought for less from STG. Can actually increase the core ounce position if a different preference is purchased.For instance Kookaburra's sold and Maples purchased,whilst increasing ounces it may not be the wise move as an aging kook can appreciate in value and one ounce becomes worth two etc.

Watching your silver from a 99p start auction over a week is not something i enjoy,and you have to allow for Pay Pal ,E-bay and P&P charges,sit and do your sums before you sell,it can be done even in these low spot prices.I have found basic bullion is harder to sell,the more collectible items have followings who are prepared to pay for an item they have been after.The collectors/stackers are not idiots mind and will pay what they know is right. or what they can get away with,and i don't blame them one bit i would do the same every day and twice on Sundays.

If anyone on the forum is considering jumping ship and cutting their losses by dumping their stack, now would be a good time to find buyers.

Not a great time to sell of course but there are still plenty of coins appearing on eBay - this hasn't dried up at all.

If anyone on the forum is considering jumping ship and cutting their losses by dumping their stack, now would be a good time to find buyers.

Not a great time to sell of course but there are still plenty of coins appearing on eBay - this hasn't dried up at all.

eBay still seems to be good for sellers, I don't think general buyers watch spot as closely as we do.

We'll see on Sunday, I have some auctions finishing then [emoji3]

Stacker since 2013

Archived