• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where to Sell Diamond Ring?

Arganto

Hello!

I hope this is the appropriate part of the forum to ask this...

I have a nice trilogy diamond ring with decent grade diamonds, a platinum setting and an 18ct gold band. I never thought I'd be selling it but things happen...

I was going to put it in with the stack and count it as gold inventory. The issue with this is I don't want to ever have to let go of my PM, but if i did in a SHTF situation I don't think letting this ring go at a price based on it's weight of metal and diamond would be appropriate (they're nice sparklies but not massive). I figure I'm more likely to get a better price selling it for what it actually is during a time when people seem to still be spending money on shiny body adornments. That being said I've had a snoop around online and apart from eBay it seems to be mostly dealers who buy but I suspect they may low ball me (I don't know though, never sold jewellery). Before I start asking these folk do any of you lovely lot know of good places to sell such things where I may realise a decent price?

Cheers!

Sadly selling to a dealer/jeweller invariably means getting scrap for the gold and a fraction of the retail price attributed to the diamonds.

Best bet is probably eBay but would ensure it’s presented like its new - really nice box with crystal clear photos and grading certificates if available. 

The only way you’ll get full retail value for it would be on an insurance claim 🤔😂 (joke)

Thanks for the reply! It'll probably go on eBay then I guess next time discounted seller rates come about. I'm a little sceptical because of the potential for bad faith buyers, but if I want the extra cash for it I suppose it's a risk that must be taken...

It's a lovely looking thing with certified diamonds and a valuation certificate as well, but won't present as brand new due to the marks on the back of the band. 18ct is a little soft and the lady (cough) who wore it must have gripped every handle and door knob (🤣) with unusual fervour...they're not terrible by any means but definitely put it into 'pre loved' territory.

I may put it up for sale on here with a price and ask for feedback if people aren't willing to pay for it...

Agree with the above. 

Diamond rings from jewellers is like buying a car...once purchased worth a fraction of what you paid

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

I picked up a bag of costume jewellery couple of years ago found a platinum tiff and Co etolie ring mixed in amongst it best I got offered for it was 450 when some poor sod paid in excess of 4k so unfortunately expect to take a hit on it

I recently sold a few rings... I had to settle for a local jeweller. Especially with the diamond, you will get nowhere near market value in the secondary market, unless you sell to an individual looking for jewellery, and for this eBay is most useful. And yes, for the gold you will get spot. 

Archived