• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Worth of a five ounce Aztec round?

Vai

Hi all 🙂

I quite like the design of the Aztec round from Golden State Mint and am building up a collection of them, so yesterday I went to buy a 5oz copper from eBay. Unfortunately he’s out of stock, but he says he’s got the 5oz silver in.

So as I’m new to this game I thought I’d come here and ask, what kind of price do you think would be reasonable if it’s mint in a capsule and what is the chance of something like this being a fake? 

5oz on ebay will go anywhere from 100 to 150 I wouldn't go higher than 150 not with spot price so low at the moment that's 20-25 an oz you've got some protection buying off ebay like you can get it test it magnet specific gravity and so on and if it dose turn out to be fake put a hacksaw through it and return to sender for full refund from PayPal 

That's about the price range I was thinking as I've been seeing around £20ish an ounce as a usual price, also good information about the testing and being able to return it for a refund if it's dodgy. Thank you. :) 

Not got a link I'm afraid yet, he just mentioned it in a message when he said he didn't have the copper in stock. I've messaged him back and asked for details. 

On 24/06/2020 at 19:48, Jcollet said:

I just meant that I believe the 5 oz silver versions go for quite a bit more than 20-25 and oz. But if you happened to find someone who sells them for that, I would love a link for a purchase.

Got it over the weekend and did a ping & magnet test, seems legit. Beautiful coin with a little spot of tarnishing for £120. I’ve no idea if he’s got any more but I’ll message you the link to his profile on eBay and you can get in touch. 

D684CD27-DC6D-444B-AF7B-4689422CDD15.jpeg

3C4C1182-BF59-462E-B547-A628FE7613EB.jpeg

the design looks nice but there is something about the finishing on the 5oz which bugged me when you look closer. I had a few of them but sold them all off, maybe abit too cheaply given the price you paid. I kept the 1oz version

Archived