• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying silver bullion coins. Now or Later? From which dealer?

ROBCRANE

Hello everyone :)

I am new at this forum and new to the subject of stacking silver. 

I would like to buy silver bullion coins and have been thinking of Britannias or any other CGT tax exempt coins as I am based in the UK

It is hard to buy any at the moment or if it is possible the premium is very high as you know.

My question is:

Does it make sense to buy cheaper coins from the dealers which do not have those coins available at the moment but offer delivery in couple of weeks or even over a month ? 

My second question is :

Are all the dealers listed on www.gold.de trustworthy ? Would you buy from them ?

Or is it better to buy from bairdmint.com or chards.co.uk and pay VAT although they do not have coins at the momemt as well.

Generally I am full of doubts as I do not know which dealer is trustworthy. I am also afraid that waiting may mean that the spot price will increase significantly soon ( although nobody knows that )

Thank you for your replies

I have only been on here a week & have already bought 3 times off members.
as a newbie to this It's been a great process, I tend to not buy from anyone that does not have a long term membership and or very good feedback. 

I have seen the monster boxes are popular, you can get loads all in one go, but as the above says there are dealers on here that hold a lot of quality silver coins. 

The forum also operates a group buy system from European Mint (VAT FREE), although they don't have a lot of stock and much of it is on pre order at the moment. 

The price is high compared to the spot, but its only a matter of pounds. My plan is to buy a certain amount now, especially more collectible sets like the queens beast and then buy little and often, but for the bulk 1oz brittanias bulk buy them if the spot goes under a certain level. Looking at the economy I don't think this will happen more than once if ever. Gold is very expensive so that should dip a bit I think, but again peoples confidence in the economy is not great, so ignore spot would be my advice and maybe don't buy all at once unless it hits a certain figure (ie £10 for silver & £1000 for gold). I have bought 32 ounces this week, but they have all been pieces that will hold value or gain in price over time I think. ie the Queens beast lion & the 10 oz Griffin. 

Personally if u were going to spend that much on silver id maybe look at spending it on gold instead if it's for store of wealth. Or maybe a percent in silver and a percent in gold. Dont get me wrong I love my silver as collection pieces but most off my silvet I buy to eventually trade up to gold. This is just my opinion though.😀

There are plenty of guys on the forum with both nice silver and gold going at great prices. Also I highly recommend chards and Bleyer bullion 👍

Welcome to TSF 

Archived