• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Error? Or just a lousy job?

I’ve recently received two beautiful ’Van Gogh’ coins from micropuzzle series. 
An hour after receiving the coins, I came to my senses and started examining the coins. 
The image of one of the coins looked a little blurry and fuzzy. 
So I took out a magnifying glass and took a closer look. 
One coin looked clear and in focus. 
The other coin had two lines of jigsaw puzzle pieces. 
I am not a very good english speaker so it’s very hard to explain this. 
Please take a look at the photos. 
I have sent the photos to powercoin and asked them if they consider this a faulty or an error coin and would send me a replacement, but they say that they see this as a normal coin and would only give me a refund if I send the coin back to them. 
Any suggestions?

9214DCDD-AE22-4D2B-900D-0D64F810DAA3.jpeg

1FAF6225-5DDE-47EA-B484-4E393CD4CF96.jpeg

The bottom one looks miss-aligned i.e a bad job but that doesn’t mean it cant be sold as an error coin for more.

I would keep the good one and put the other on eBay at twice the price and call it an error coin and see if anyone bites 😁 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

I see what you mean. It looks like they included dark puzzle edges in the image to emphasis the edges on the coin. That seems to me misaligned with the actual edges.

Not sure I understand - "would only give me a refund if I send the coin back to them" - what else would you want them to do? Refund without a return? Seems like they've offered to give your money back and you now need to decide if you want the coin or not. 

46 minutes ago, Melon said:

Not sure I understand - "would only give me a refund if I send the coin back to them" - what else would you want them to do? Refund without a return? Seems like they've offered to give your money back and you now need to decide if you want the coin or not. 

They won’t replace it with a non-error coin. He wants two coins not a refund. See original post 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

On 25/05/2020 at 15:12, MancunianStacker said:

The bottom one looks miss-aligned i.e a bad job but that doesn’t mean it cant be sold as an error coin for more.

I would keep the good one and put the other on eBay at twice the price and call it an error coin and see if anyone bites 😁 

Is there a market for 'errors' on these? I thought they were very niche 'art pieces' - ?

49 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

They won’t replace it with a non-error coin. He wants two coins not a refund. See original post 

Still struggling to see the issue. If there's none available they can't replace. If they are available, then buy one with the refund. 

Archived