• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Olympics 2020

h103efa

Say the Olympics is postponed or even cancelled.

Does that mean there will only be 75 of the gold proof 50p coin from the set? Makes it a bit of a rarity?

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/annual-sets/2020-annual-coin-sets/the-2020-united-kingdom-gold-proof-commemorative-coin-set/

They could produce again with a 2021 date if goes ahead next year i guess.

I got myself some of the BUNC sets in case the games are cancelled and the 50p becomes sought after for the non pm coin collectors!

99% postponed. 100% not  cancelled. They have given themselves 4 weeks to work out  when to reschedule the event. Many moving parts to figure out. My money is on 2021 as Africa hasn’t even got started with the virus yet....I bought the remaining Tokyo Olympics 2020 coins to complete my set thus far (they were being released in four waves with February being the third wave) hoping it is rescheduled for 2021 and that these 2020 coins become an anomaly.

26 minutes ago, dicker said:

@oldun Recon you are right.... Postponed to 2021.  

Looking at the sporting calendar for July-August-September 2021, there is not much on....a world athetics meet but that could be avoided or rescheduled. And the Euros can be avoided if they coordinate.

Good spot on the timings.  

The Olympics is “big business” which is why I suspect postponement rather than cancellation.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

24 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Any place to get the coin with out it being part of a set?

They were on ebay for 25+ a few weeks ago! 

I decided to get sets and sell the other commemorative coins  in the sets individually which would get back the cost+

Some idiot journalist asked Mr, Mori how he felt about having to work more on The Olympics as a result and he told the journalist via translation that it was a thoughtless and rude question (Mr. Mori has cancer and is an old man so he doesn’t know his own future !).

Another example of moronic journalists. Words like “chaos” etc being bandied about to describe the Olympics. They have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Journalists are not covering themselves in glory generally when it comes to the Corona virus and questions to PM’s etc

Lots of questions that are rambling, I’ll judged, and seem to be aimed as point scoring rather than getting a point answered.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

The lack of any kind of journalistic integrity is astonishing. After this has all settled down, they should bring back licenses for journalists. In The US, for example, papers were forced, by law, to report both sides of anything controversial. That law was  erased in 1987. It was called the Fairness Act, I believe.

And Trump decided Press Conferences were pointless as the media just tried to wind him up and focus on abusing his physical attributes etc and manipulate soundbites etc and were clearly biased against him So he bypassed them and took to twitter. Brilliant. Nothing the media could do about it.Whether people agree with Trump or not I am not bothered about but it was a good strategic move, you have to admit.

This is the level to which the media have sunk...you have to ignore them to get to the truth !

2021 would be OK there is nothing anyone can do about it.  I will say this like others on this forum I am sure, I was a good sportsman when I was young, a year is a long time in sport and a large proportion of those that are at the top of there game this year and would of won a medal or even a Gold will not win anything next year.  You see a life time of training is down to these games for a lot of athlete's 

Edit. That's why the games were left to last to be postponed.  

Yes, they left it as long as possible for the athletes’ sake until health concerns and politics took over. The media present it as chaos as if highly intelligent organisers and businessmen haven’t already thought it all through first ! Media =laughable

17 hours ago, h103efa said:

They were on ebay for 25+ a few weeks ago! 

I decided to get sets and sell the other commemorative coins  in the sets individually which would get back the cost+

Now hitting £60 for the bunc coin from the set! 

Archived