• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are the Banks in TROUBLE!! or just damn GREEDY!?

1 minute ago, trp said:

I’m not that kind of guy ... I’m currently self employed, I can’t reach my own a** 😂 

😂😂 Better work for yourself indeed good job!! well as im dutch and young at this moment my retirement age is thought to gonna be 72 and 3 to 9 months well that just crazy im not so crazy that im going to work that long and also im now already started working 4 days a week and stupid part is now im getting benefits instead of no benefits of the government hahahah who is laughing now :P :P 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/01/2020 at 05:25, paolo said:

Very well described how the modern society works! And given the high tax rates, (for example here in Italy direct tax plus indirect tax) goes around a crazy 80% of the added value that a person produces, and similar in all places in western europe (i left denmark due to insanely high taxes) we can easily say that the average worker is a slave with the illusion of being free. As soon he tries to be really free and keep for himself the fruit of his hard labor, the state uses all form of violence to put him back in his place.

It is a truly maddening system. I blame the people though, they've enabled this monster to grow to the extent it has. One rule nearly every child is taught by their parents is that it's wrong to steal, yet we have a political and taxation system that is based entirely upon theft coupled with a fraudulent monetary system built on illusory wealth and paper money.

1 minute ago, AgCoyote said:

It is a truly maddening system. I blame the people though, they've enabled this monster to grow to the extent it has. One rule nearly every child is taught by their parents is that it's wrong to steal, yet we have a political and taxation system that is based entirely upon theft coupled with a fraudulent monetary system built on illusory wealth and paper money.

Aint that why we stack :D 

ND THE OTHER SIDE of the "COIN"!

Family left with huge £7,000 bill after being hit by child benefit changes

A family were slapped with a tax bill of more than £7,000 after a raft of child benefit changes.

Richard and Rebekha Nicholls, from Hull, started claiming child tax benefit in 2012 after having their first child, Enya.

The pair then welcomed two more children - Pippa and Ivy - into the family and continued to claim child benefit.

But soon after Richard started his new job with an increased salary, he received a £7,400 HMRC bill - even though his wages were still under the £50,000-a-year threshold.

He later realised the company car given to him at his new job was counted as an in-kind benefit and was included in his income by HMRC.

Richard said: "This all started in October when the tax office said that we should be paying the high income tax benefit charge, and asked us to fill out a self-assessment to figure out how much that we owe them.

"Then at the end of January, we received a letter saying that we owed £2,500.

"But the following day we got another letter saying that this was wrong and it was in fact £7,400 we owed, and we are still yet to get a final bill figure, so it could be much more.

"This is all because I got a higher paying job three years after we started claiming child benefit, and the company car I was given put me over the income threshold because it is counted as an in-kind benefit.

"The thing that gets me is that, why are we only finding out about this now?

"The HMRC know what my wages are and send me a tax code every year, so why could they not tell us sooner that we had to be paying this charge, because then we wouldn't be in the position that we are in now."

The couple say when they contacted HMRC about their bill they were told that "it was not a bank" and that they could not pay off the bill over the course of a number of years, and if it was not paid in 16 months, they would have to go to court.

They say that they were told that they should take out a bank loan or ask a family member to lend them the money to pay it off, but that is something that they are not able to.

HMRC said: “We use a wide array of channels to reach those who may be liable to pay the High Income Child Benefit Charge.

"This includes putting information about the charge in packs made available to new parents which tell them how to claim child benefit. We continue to improve our communications including on social media,  GOV.UK and via third parties such as family websites.

"If anyone wishes to find out more about the charge, especially whether they are liable to pay it, we encourage them to visit  www.gov.uk/child-benefit-tax-charge or call our Child Benefit helpline on 0300 200 3100."

Full artticle here - - > > https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/family-left-huge-7000-bill-21460408

@5huggy I remember when a company car was a nice perk. Then there was the company Car Tax and then the change to the Tax code for having one and using it as a personal vehicle. Entire system is skewed. 

7 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

They say that they were told that they should take out a bank loan or ask a family member to lend them the money to pay it off, but that is something that they are not able to.

HMRC said: “We use a wide array of channels to reach those who may be liable to pay the High Income Child Benefit Charge.

SO HMRC "nail" families" so that they get stressed! , break up so that the CSA can Jump in and cause more AGRO!  - 

JUST keeping themselves in a JOB! while others are VILIFIED and CRUCIFIED!

What a state of affairs!

And meanwhile the B(W) ankers will happily lend credit (debt) at 19 +% - whilst paying 0.1% interest on ANY savings

BTW - you may have guessed "I HATE BANKS" and the system!

10 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

They were the same with me with Income Tax. I paid my bill, and received a letter saying I owed more - when I rang to question it and go through it, they couldn’t have been less helpful and suggested I obtained credit from somewhere else to pay them! 
Long story short - they agreed to a payment plan, I paid it off and the following April I received a Tax Refund for what they put me through hell to give to them. They are senseless oddballs.  

7 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

SO HMRC "nail" families" so that they get stressed! , break up so that the CSA can Jump in and cause more AGRO!  - 

JUST keeping themselves in a JOB! while others are VILIFIED and CRUCIFIED!

What a state of affairs!

And meanwhile the B(W) ankers will happily lend credit (debt) at 19 +% - whilst paying 0.1% interest on ANY savings

BTW - you may have guessed "I HATE BANKS" and the system!

0,1% is a lot as is 19% here in the Netherlands im getting 0,01%.... and paying is legally not higher than 15% lol Yes i hate banks too!! 🙃

4 minutes ago, trp said:

They were the same with me with Income Tax. I paid my bill, and received a letter saying I owed more - when I rang to question it and go through it, they couldn’t have been less helpful and suggested I obtained credit from somewhere else to pay them! 
Long story short - they agreed to a payment plan, I paid it off and the following April I received a Tax Refund for what they put me through hell to give to them. They are senseless oddballs.  

minions wtf GIF

LATEST! just now!

@trp

‘The system is broken’: the billionaire investor who fears a return to the 1930s

Ray Dalio, who has a near $19bn fortune, is one of a handful of the 0.01% to go public with concerns about the system that created that wealth

ay Dalio, the billionaire investor, has just released his first children’s book. It’s a bedtime story he hopes will inspire a new generation of entrepreneurs and leaders. There are other stories that keep Dalio awake at night.

Stock markets have soared in recent years, employers are struggling to find workers, inflation is under control. And yet: “This period is very similar to that of the 1930s,” he says. “We’re at each other’s throats when these are the best of times. I worry about the bad times.”

Dalio, the founder of investment firm Bridgewater Associates, one of the world’s largest hedge funds, and a man with a personal fortune that tops $18.7bn, is one of a handful of the 0.01% who have gone public with their worries about the system that created that wealth.

“The world has gone mad, and the system is broken,” he wrote in a series of viral posts on the issues he sees in the modern economy last year.

FULL ARTICLE - - > > https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/09/ray-dalio-billionaire-hedge-fund-capitalism

“I think the capitalism system needs to be reformed, because first of all it’s not fair. And secondly, it’s not optimally productive.”

That’s a interesting article. Can’t see it changing before the entire system goes pop! Has made me curious to read his kiddies book! 

15 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

Do you think it's Capitalism that's the problem or counterfeit money?

That was a quote from the article - found it pretty interesting as this guy is a direct result of capitalism and yet is speaking out against it. 

Counterfeiting happens in all walks of life from Currency to Perfume and everything in between. It’s a drain in so many different ways and as such does have a vast impact on the economy. In my mind though, governments printing endless streams of cash is counterfeiting too! 

6 hours ago, trp said:

“I think the capitalism system needs to be reformed, because first of all it’s not fair. And secondly, it’s not optimally productive.”

That’s a interesting article. Can’t see it changing before the entire system goes pop! Has made me curious to read his kiddies book! 

Did he explain what should be the replacement?  I wonder what lengths he has gone to personally to try alternative systems, being a billionaire running a company he has the opportunity to demonstrate something.

39 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Did he explain what should be the replacement?  I wonder what lengths he has gone to personally to try alternative systems, being a billionaire running a company he has the opportunity to demonstrate something.

My take on "his" comments is - 

The average person hasn't got a hope in hell - with whats coming!

Only those that heed the DARK CLOUDS on the horizon and prepare accordingly!

I also think he is kinda pointing out - that "IT CANNOT be FIXED" - 

So prepare for the worst (IMHO) and HOPE you are wrong!!

Its not just banks !!

HERE's a COUNTRY on the edge of a PRECIPICE!! 

Argentina won't repay IMF debt till recession over, VP Fernandez says

HAVANA (Reuters) - Argentine Vice President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner said on Saturday that the government will not pay “even half a cent” of its debt back to the International Monetary Fund before the country has exited recession.

“The first thing we have to do in order to be able to pay is to exit the recession,” Fernandez de Kirchner said at a presentation of her book “Sinceramente” (Sincerely) at Havana’s international book fair.

“If there is a recession no-one will pay even half a cent and the way you exit recession is through a lot of state investment.”

Argentina needs to restructure $100 billion in sovereign debt with creditors, including part of a $57 billion credit facility that the IMF extended the country in 2018.

Dealings with the IMF are key as Argentina hopes to avoid a default amid a currency crash, steep inflation and a contracting economy. An IMF technical mission is expected in Buenos Aires next week to discuss obligations owed to the fund.

Fernandez de Kirchner said Argentina should get a “substantial haircut” on its IMF debt.

From here - - > > https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cuba-argentina/argentina-wont-repay-imf-debt-till-recession-over-vp-fernandez-says-idUSKBN20302R

Argentina have been in perpetual financial crisis for decades. I had a motorcyclist friend (who is no longer with us) from Argentina I met him in Switzerland at a bike meet in 2011.Before I get off track he was telling us that a lot of Argentinians use & pay for stuff with $USD & have bits & pieces of gold & silver. There is a huge black market in Argentina for everything as the government tries to shaft them at every corner. Not ideal if you are an ordinary member of the public with no means of protecting yourself financially.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Archived