• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are the Banks in TROUBLE!! or just damn GREEDY!?

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Deeper down the "rabbit hole"

Central banks to unleash billions as QE is rebooted

Top central banks will sweep up bonds worth hundreds of billions of pounds to kick-start growth again in 2020 in their latest unprecedented intervention into financial markets.

The balance sheets of the four main central banks in the eurozone, US, ­Japan and UK are collectively expected to swell to more than £12 trillion by the end of 2020 after policymakers resorted to rebooting their quantitative easing (QE) programmes.

The Federal Reserve, Bank of Japan and European Central Bank are expected to buy almost £500bn of debt this year and nearing £1 trillion by the end of 2021 through the experimental and controversial policy tool, according to estimates by Nomura. Policy at the Bank of England

From here - - - > > > https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/01/06/central-banks-unleash-billions-qe-rebooted/

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Bank warns of global debt crisis following the fastest increase in borrowing since the 1970s

PUBLISHED THU, JAN 9 20204:53 AM EST

KEY POINTS
  • In its biannual Global Economic Prospects (GEP) report, published late Wednesday, the Washington D.C.-based group said there have been four waves of debt accumulation over the last 50 years.
  • The current wave — which started in 2010 — is thought to be “the largest, fastest and most broad-based increase” in global borrowing since the 1970s.
  • “The history of past waves of debt accumulation shows that these waves tend to have unhappy endings,” Ayhan Kose, director of the World Bank’s Prospects Group, said in the report.

From here - - >> https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/09/economy-world-bank-warns-of-global-debt-crisis-as-borrowing-increases.html

• 2 weeks later...

Bank of England to consider adopting cryptocurrency

FROM HERE! -  -  -  ->> https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/jan/21/bank-of-england-to-consider-adopting-cryptocurrency

NOWT like a bit of "COLLUSION!" Eh! 😵

"to pool research and experiences of the potential for a central bank digital currency (CBDC)"

UBS: No, Thanks to More Cash!!

The problem isn't new: UBS has been grappling with its wealthy clients' preference for cash for years. The stockpiles cost UBS millions every month because Switzerland's central bank levies charges on Swiss franc cash holdings to dissuade investors from the haven currency.

But the countermeasure is new: the Swiss wealth manager is renewing its push to get its rich clientele out of cash – and is willing to let them go if they resist. UBS is currently fine-tuning a program designed to get clients investing – and generating fees. 

from here - - > https://www.finews.com/news/english-news/39634-ubs-iqbal-khan-sergio-ermotti-cash-wealth-management-negative-interest-rates-surcharges

I'm far from being a tinfoil hatter and certainly not a "prepper" but the past week's videos from George Gammon are more than slightly worrying!  The shizzle going on over in the US with random banks and financial institutions going offline for nearly a full day due to "technical reasons" with customers unable to access their money or accounts - yet no coverage of this in the mainstream media - makes one wonder whether this banking collapse is in fact already happening right now but for obvious reasons being kept away from the public eye?  I've been dismissing all the scaremongering over the past few years as they always seem to manage to kick the can down the road a bit further and everything carries on as normal for us Joe Public's but I'm now increasingly thinking this collapse is going to happen sooner rather than later.  Just look at the charts!  It's a mathematical certainty that a collapse will happen; it's just a question of when.

Seriously thinking it might be prudent to pull out our savings and chuck them under the mattress or more likely, convert it into PM.  The £85k "guarantee" makes for a nice sound-bite but I'd rather not put it to the test, especially not when I'd be joining the queue with another ten? hundred? thousand people in the same boat.  I'm not liking what I'm seeing :(.

17 minutes ago, goldking said:

I'm far from being a tinfoil hatter and certainly not a "prepper" but the past week's videos from George Gammon are more than slightly worrying!  The shizzle going on over in the US with random banks and financial institutions going offline for nearly a full day due to "technical reasons" with customers unable to access their money or accounts - yet no coverage of this in the mainstream media - makes one wonder whether this banking collapse is in fact already happening right now but for obvious reasons being kept away from the public eye?  I've been dismissing all the scaremongering over the past few years as they always seem to manage to kick the can down the road a bit further and everything carries on as normal for us Joe Public's but I'm now increasingly thinking this collapse is going to happen sooner rather than later.  Just look at the charts!  It's a mathematical certainty that a collapse will happen; it's just a question of when.

Seriously thinking it might be prudent to pull out our savings and chuck them under the mattress or more likely, convert it into PM.  The £85k "guarantee" makes for a nice sound-bite but I'd rather not put it to the test, especially not when I'd be joining the queue with another ten? hundred? thousand people in the same boat.  I'm not liking what I'm seeing :(.

Agree with you, same here in italy they say 100K guarantee but we know it s so far from truth, probably is not even 5k guarantee in reality

10 hours ago, goldking said:

Shuggy have you seen any updates to this?  You seem to keep an eye on these kind of developments.

Just to play devils advocate on this one. Is it not also a way to stop criminals laundering their money through PM sellers? If I’m a drug dealer I can stash/move a lot more gold than I can paper money? 

12 hours ago, goldking said:

I'm now increasingly thinking this collapse is going to happen sooner rather than later.  Just look at the charts!  It's a mathematical certainty that a collapse will happen; it's just a question of when.

IMHO - RIGHT ON THE NAIL @goldking

12 hours ago, goldking said:

The £85k "guarantee" makes for a nice sound-bite

That figure has "ALREADY" been surreptitiously reduced to £75K 🤐😬😵

13 hours ago, goldking said:

Shuggy have you seen any updates to this?  You seem to keep an eye on these kind of developments.

YEAH!  He's bank on again IMHO!

But here's one 😉 method he missed! - - >  > 

1)  If you sell or buy  a coin/bar etc at coin shows = "NO RECEIPT" - no trace (or damned hard to)

2) " I SOLD MY GOLD TO A GUY IN THE PUB"!!!  😉😉🙄

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Just to play devils advocate on this one. Is it not also a way to stop criminals laundering their money through PM sellers? If I’m a drug dealer I can stash/move a lot more gold than I can paper money? 

BUT WHY are they targeting the little guy??

Euro 2000 is NOTHING in a "CRIMS" scheme of things - so they just go to lots of different dealers and buy E1,900

IMHO- They want PM's to be seen/sent underground/black market - better excuse to TRY to CONFISCATE!

AND HIDE THEIR OWN!!!!

After Cash, German Government Planning to Restrict Anonymous Purchases of Gold

The ARTICLE he refers to has a little more worrying info too!

Clearly "THEY" want to track any and ALL other assets outside of their current "GRASP"

The Directive (EU) includes various measures also concerns the draft bill for the German Ministry of Finance in addition to the gold market areas such as gambling, the art market, real estate, and the crypto industry.

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/after-cash-german-government-planning-to-restrict-anonymous-purchases-of-gold/

How to prepare for financial chaos

The War on Cash: How to Survive Financial Martial Law Tim Price's new book on how to survive a financial crash is certainly provocative, says Matthew Partridge. But these are no idle musings.

4 Dec 2015

771-WOC-bI was asked and did write a commentary on this book!

NOTE - 2015 I had heads up!

"Fully Concur" with your take @zhoutonged

I actually "REALLY" do hope they can find some sort of answer -

because the potential "WORLD WIDE" chaos that could result IMHO would be potentially "DEVASTATING"!

HOWEVER -the reality suggests that there is NO WAY out - based just on plain mathematics!

Not joking here either - through other close peeps I have access to an array of defensive weapons! (You just never KNOW!)

CHECKOUT the numbers HERE! - - > > https://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

Lebanese Cabinet faces multiple challenges, growing unrest

From here - - >> > https://apnews.com/9821484dd8c0d6eed1cd27ffa4771620

IMHO - it sums up what circumstances are leading to, in effect, Civil wars -

take Venezuela as a damn scary scenario and expand that to the WHOLE GLOBE!!

Here's a thought provoker!! 

Why , ALL of a SUDDEN - - the "House of Lords" is being suggested to move to "YORK"!

12 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

I suppose the answer is that the market forces us to return to an honest form of money courtesy of the long suffering PBoC is my guess. What's your take on the Lords proposal?

This kinda answers your question IMHO Bud!

Social unrest in 2019. The common thread, on the surface, was energy prices. They’d spiked in the countries that saw protests, often due to environmental campaigns. This was the straw which broke the camel’s back.

But what if it really was energy prices? And the idea that people should be impoverished to save the climate?

Does that bode ill for the UK’s ambitious (and expensive) emissions targets?

In France, the Gilet Jaunes protest was all about reversing diesel subsidies. They’d been put in place to reduce carbon emissions, but this turned out to be bunk science. By the time it realised this, France had become addicted to diesel. And so reversing the policy and making diesel expensive triggered a protest.

Of course, most things do trigger a protest in France. But this was not exactly in isolation.

The governments in Haiti, Sudan, Egypt, Iran and Ecuador all faced extraordinary backlashes when they raised fuel prices. The Ecuadorian government had to do a runner and move to another town to escape the chaos.

And that’s why the House of Lords might head to York. Because Britain’s attempt to combat climate change is about to lead to an increase in fuel prices. And the people are not going to like it…

The backstory for each place protests broke out is fascinating. But let’s not dig into that here. The point is that when environmentalism is expensive, it leads to backlashes. Violent, impressively large and persistent protests.

Going emissions neutral by 2050 is going to cost money. That’s clear. The question is who will pay for it.

There are plenty of ways to go about this. The economists, politicians and scientists all have different answers. Carbon taxes, carbon offsets, emissions trading schemes, emissions targets, subsidies, nuclear power, renewable energy and everything else.

Some of these present investment opportunities to you and me. Some represent increases in the cost of living.

But my point today is that all of this is an artificially created market. A political game. And that does not bode well for anyone involved, unless you’re related to a politician.

If the future attempts to tackle climate change turn out to be as misguided as the diesel subsidies were, how will people react? How will people react to the policies on offer given their lack of trust in politicians to get these things right?

I think the government is going to struggle to pitch whatever it has planned to reduce emissions…

As an aside, the government needn’t get involved at all. If people behaved as though climate change was a big issue and offset their emissions, purchased different items from different companies based on climate change concerns, or otherwise altered their behaviour, then we could tackle climate change without the government mucking things up.

But instead, the climate warriors insist on using government power to make change happen. Convincing people to do the right thing is just not self-important enough. They must seize the power of the state to force compliance with their views.

Usually, this just makes them look like hypocrites, which is fun. Davos is the textbook example. But this misses just how conceited such people are. They know better to the point where they should make decisions for others, by force of law.

Think about the sorts of solutions the overpopulation scientists of the past proposed. The idea that people shouldn’t be left to decide for themselves what the merits of climate change are, and act accordingly, is downright dangerous.

The other problem is that this power tends to ruin whatever initiative it takes up. Making drugs and alcohol illegal doesn’t make them less available. Higher taxes lead to more tax evasion. Subsidising insulation leads to house fires. A lack of forest burn-offs leads to bigger fires. Higher taxes to reduce income inequality lead to higher wealth inequality.

Eventually, people get sick of the government’s failures, like they recently did for the war on drugs. But I’m not sure if climate change has got much more room to run.

The world’s busybodies at Davos are busy coming up with ways to solve the climate problem. Well, they’re busy coming up with ways to force other people to solve it while they fly their wine to the events where they make such decisions. But I can’t think of a group of people who voters will be less receptive to.

Well, I’d avoid investing in any government-backed initiatives seeking to save the world. You’re much better off seeking disruptive tech that can make a change which is not reliant on a political cause to be viable. In fact, focus on the tech that governments don’t like because they’re so powerful they’re downright dangerous.

If you bought a diesel vehicle before “dieselgate”, this advice will make intuitive sense to you.

Well, more and more people around the world will have been negatively impacted by such policies. And in 2019 they began to fight back.

The reflex action of the future will be anti-climate change solution, just as it was anti-EU before that. And people won’t be able to explain why, only that they’ve been duped one too many times.

3 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

But perhaps there is an awareness the system is going down and the looting is about to begin 🤔

IMHO it already has started 2 years ago - Its just being kept "under wraps " by some awesome Accounting MAGIC/ grooming figures!

LOWEST unemployment as just one example!

Just means LOWEST number of jobs available - cos more and more are doing 2 / 3 or more jobs for the same headcount!

JUST KICKING the CAN further for as long as possible! 

This is appropriate to this thread!

kicking field goal GIF

The employment figures are the easiest ones to fiddle, so they get fiddled, Trump in the US called out the fiddling when he was candidate Trump yet is happy to run with it now he is president Trump.  1x employee woring 40 hours is counted as 1 job and 40x employees working 1 hour is counted as 40 jobs but there are other shennanigans thrown into the mix as well like workers returning from strike action counted as a new job etc.

29 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

But perhaps there is an awareness the system is going down and the looting is about to begin 🤔

OUT TODAY! - - further warning signs of what I alluded to above!

Who pays for the EU's €1tn green deal?

In essence, the EU is doing what the major banks did before the 2008 financial crisis, when they circumvented regulation by shifting part of their business to off-balance-sheet conduits and special-purpose vehicles. In the case of the EU, the guarantees offered by the commission and individual EU member states are sufficient for a high credit rating, and thus for the issuance of European debenture bonds. The funds generated will be used for public and private purposes, and sometimes even for public-private partnerships. But should the guarantees be called in one day, eurozone taxpayers will be the ones to foot the bill.

Whole article WELL WORTH reading HERE! - - - > >  > https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jan/23/who-pays-for-the-eus-1tn-green-deal

The House of Lords moving to York is apparently nothing more sinister than them carrying out urgently needed repairs to Westminster.  Once complete they will move back.  Does make sense as repairs have been postponed over and over again due to the disruption it would cause.

Archived