• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are the Banks in TROUBLE!! or just damn GREEDY!?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EVEN "CENTRAL BANKERS" dont like Bank's @zhoutonged

Exhausted central bankers raise the white flag in Davos

Global debt levels have reached dangerous extremes and central bankers no longer have the ammunition to counter a financial crisis, a top cast of officials warned in Davos.

Kristalina Georgieva, head of the International Monetary Fund, said there are disturbing signs of an asset bubble and acknowledged that the side-effects of ultra-low interest rates and quantitative easing are becoming more treacherous. 

“When people talk of ‘low for ever’, it sends a chill down my spine. We’re only in January and we have already had a number of risk events,” she said, speaking at the World Economic Forum.

Mrs Georgieva said global debt has mushroomed to $188 trillion but even this has still failed to lift the major economies from the deflationary danger zone. Much of the stimulus has leaked out into asset markets and fed an indiscriminate hunt for yield. 

And -Really scarier info further in this article! - - - > > > https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/01/24/exhausted-central-bankers-raise-white-flag-davos/

4 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

money* So called money

Fiat - backed by "FAITH" and nothing else

Currency - might as well go back to COWRY shells !

REAL MONEY = Au/Ag for thousands of years!

£50 QUID ANYONE ???

Image result for COWRIE shells

4 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

It took me years, you're gonna kick yourself when the penny drops LOL

OK - I have had my "Three strike's" and Im out - So go on Buddy - put a 5huggy out of his misery !

3 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

Threat of violence, it's right there in the name fiat... hidden in plain sight.

Cheers buddy - Along my lines of thinking! - BUT you,ve HED YOU CATED ME!!!👍🤣🤣🤣

Quite a serious "concept" to consider! 

1929 all over again - coming to a street near you! 

11 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

Also interesting IMO is Keynes purchase of ex RM Master Newtons papers on Alchemy in the 1930s. To my mind we have an economic system employing paper alchemy, with taxation supplying demand for what would otherwise be unwanted worthless paper. I doubt many here value pieces of paper, but we all use them because we all pay our taxes, whether we like it or not.

Even though paper money can be created out of thin air the paper alchemy system always needs to impose taxation (theft).  Tax creates demand for the otherwise worthless paper and the demand comes from the implied violence of non payment, ie confiscation of property (theft) or arrest (kidnap) leading to a possible prison (dungeon) sentence, all of which will be met with violence if resisted.

I blame Newton 🤔

BRILLIANT! 

day GIF Kicking the "CAN" do's down the road eh! 

39 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

Also interesting IMO is Keynes purchase of ex RM Master Newtons papers on Alchemy in the 1930s. To my mind we have an economic system employing paper alchemy, with taxation supplying demand for what would otherwise be unwanted worthless paper. I doubt many here value pieces of paper, but we all use them because we all pay our taxes, whether we like it or not.

Even though paper money can be created out of thin air the paper alchemy system always needs to impose taxation (theft).  Tax creates demand for the otherwise worthless paper and the demand comes from the implied violence of non payment, ie confiscation of property (theft) or arrest (kidnap) leading to a possible prison (dungeon) sentence, all of which will be met with violence if resisted.

I blame Newton 🤔

Very well described how the modern society works! And given the high tax rates, (for example here in Italy direct tax plus indirect tax) goes around a crazy 80% of the added value that a person produces, and similar in all places in western europe (i left denmark due to insanely high taxes) we can easily say that the average worker is a slave with the illusion of being free. As soon he tries to be really free and keep for himself the fruit of his hard labor, the state uses all form of violence to put him back in his place.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, trp said:

Good question. We all know who will ultimately be paying for it - Average Joe. 

Now tell me that this isnt a SERIOUS set of affairs!!

One-third of Lloyds bank staff are struggling financially, survey reveals

Union poll contrasts situation of many low-paid staff with chief executive who took home £6.3m in 2018

Nearly a third of Lloyds Bank workers say they are struggling financially, according to a poll that has highlighted the disparity between the bank’s worst-paid staff and its chief executive, who earned £6.3m in 2018.

In a confidential union pay survey seen by the Guardian, nearly 50% of respondents said they feared losing their job. Lloyds is pushing ahead with a major reorganisation that has meant cutting more than 11,000 roles since 2018.

The poll, conducted last summer, compiled the views of “several thousand” members of the Unite trade union across the business, according to a source with knowledge of the survey, including staff working in branches and call centres, as well as divisions such as commercial banking, risk and insurance.

Nearly a third said they were struggling financially, comprised of 22% saying they were often short of money before payday, a further 3.6% saying they faced serious difficulties, and 3.8% relying on overdrafts or loans to get by.

Full article HERE - - - > > > https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/09/one-third-of-lloyds-bank-staff-are-struggling-financially-survey-reveals

“António Horta-Osório, who was paid 237 times more than staff in the bank’s lowest pay quartile last year, according to Lloyds’ latest annual report. Horta-Osório took home £6.3m in 2018 – 359 times more than staff on the bank’s minimum salary of £17,510”. 

That’s pretty shocking @5huggy, I know these people all get paid a lot more at the top of the tree, but they wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for the grinders. Really interesting article. 

Nobody should have to rely on credit to live their life.

15 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

who earned £6.3m in 2018.

@trp The SO & SO - NEVER "EARNED" that - he may have got PAID that!

63,000,000 / 365 = £ 172,602 per day WTF!??

I dont see any JUSTIFICATION for that IMHO!

Added 0 minutes later...
5 minutes ago, trp said:

@trp

SO F in A !!

4 minutes ago, trp said:

“António Horta-Osório, who was paid 237 times more than staff in the bank’s lowest pay quartile last year, according to Lloyds’ latest annual report. Horta-Osório took home £6.3m in 2018 – 359 times more than staff on the bank’s minimum salary of £17,510”. 

That’s pretty shocking @5huggy, I know these people all get paid a lot more at the top of the tree, but they wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for the grinders. Really interesting article. 

That kind of people only reach the top by back stabbing others and lick .... of other people sadly and well if your like me i wont come very far im not that kind of a guy.... :P

2 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

I dont see any JUSTIFICATION for that IMHO!

You have people moaning about the gender pay gap - this is a pay gap that needs to be addressed. All jobs it seems to me the more you get paid the less you actually do! 

Added 0 minutes later...
3 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

ANY one for a CIVIL WAR! that is looming anyway!

show me the money GIF

I do love that film! 

2 minutes ago, trp said:

You have people moaning about the gender pay gap - this is a pay gap that needs to be addressed. All jobs it seems to me the more you get paid the less you actually do! 

Added 0 minutes later...

I do love that film! 

Well they do have to learn for that doing nothing job ;) :P 

7 minutes ago, Dutchsilverstacker said:

well if your like me i wont come very far im not that kind of a guy

I’m not that kind of guy ... I’m currently self employed, I can’t reach my own a** 😂 

Archived