• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Compare Gold Prices (UK) - FREE Website

Darr3nG

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

I'm afraid that's Gold only - the poster asked about a similar site for UK silver prices.

I have been talking recently with another forum member is currently working on something, which may just provide this...

Thanks for the info. I Wish that member the best of lucky, would be very much appreciated 🖒

I have noticed that some people are using screenshots from the site, to enhance their sales listings, by comparing their prices against the vendors listed there. I have also noticed that the site is getting a lot of new visitors, each day - I'm guessing many of the newer members of the Silver Forum, and perhaps some of the more established ones, seeing those screenshots in trade listings and asking about the source.

I have no issue with anyone using the site in this way and, in fact, fully support sharing this information. After all, I am just re-listing the original vendors' prices from their own websites. I use this resource, myself and share it freely and openly with everyone here, who wishes to use it.

I would, however, like to address some issues / concerns which have come up recently, and provide a bit of advice and feedback to anyone who may not have read this full thread:

• The web script pulls the prices directly from a hard-coded list of URLs - I attempt to keep this list up-to-date but it's not always possible, so there may be examples of better prices from some sites which I have not found or captured. Feedback is always welcome, either directly on this thread or by private message, to help maintain relevance and accuracy.
  • I have not included a Sovereign price from H&B, although they are often the cheapest. Their website changes too often, to auto-pull the most recent price. They also impose a restriction on the number of coins which can be purchased per household / per year, so it would be an unfair comparison.
  • The current site mixes 2020 prices with Best-Value prices, in many cases. I originally just chose to compare whichever was cheapest on the day. I am playing with some new code, which can display these prices separately [check it out here], at least for the more popular coins (full sovs for now, more will be added later).
  • Please, please, please... always verify / validate any price yourself, before making any purchasing decisions - I can not be held responsible for any mistakes or incorrect prices listed.

As always, please feel free to contact me with suggestions or feedback to improve the site.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/06/2020 at 19:29, Darr3nG said:

y. I am playing with some new code, which can display these prices separately [check it out here],

This is BRILLIANT.  I absolutely love it. Thank you so much for posting it here free.  

I know it’s not as popular as silver and gold, but would you consider building a platinum page?  Because the Pt price graph jumps about a bit, (and not in the same way that other PMs do) I really enjoy buying in the little troughs and hang on ½ a day or a day or so, then sell quickly on the peaks, and if you time it right, Bingo!.... and Pt is a helluva lot more affordable than gold at the mo’.  BUT... The awkward bit is having a dozen windows open on 3 screens and tapping like frenzy on a calculator to get net cost of purchase/sale (p&p + premiums] worked out, especially when you have to make your move quickly..... and then thinking, “Dammit, did I remember to do the maths for XYZ etc”

Something like your Gold comparator for platinum would be unbelievably useful for getting a jump on a good deal, in time. 

Its just a thought. Thanks once again for the new site.  Love it. 

Cheers👍

I was recently made aware that some email providers were bouncing email notifications of posts containing the goldprice[.]eu5[.]net URL - I'm guessing that this is because it is a "free" hosting service, possibly used by some spam / malware type activity.

I am going to keep the service hosted there for the rest of this year, but have registered a new domain and set it to auto-forward. The original URL will, of course still work, but if you wouldn't mind updating your bookmarks etc. and using the new URL when sharing with fellow forum members.

The new domain URL is: http://www.comparegoldprices.uk/

The updated "test" site is still not being auto-updated, but I also have a new domain registered for it: http://www.goldcompare.uk/

• 1 month later...

Just noticed that HGM have made an update to their website, which lists the spot price for most coins temporarily, before auto-replacing with their retail price. My script is currently only pulling that spot price. I will leave HGM in-place, for now, until I figure out a work-around. Apologies for any confusion.

Archived