• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

witcher - the last wish 2oz high relief

pikachu

17 hours ago, jacksj1 said:

I found it.

This coin is made by Poland mint and developer is mennica-gdanska

I buy some series from Mint of Poland (Gods series and the Ancient warriors series (Zhao Yun anfd the next to come Lyu Bu) : these one are really hot and sought after series, for example, the Lyu Bu was on preorder yesterday at Powercoin at 350€ (starting price) and is now at 690€ (for 2oz of silver !) These high premium coins are hot potatoes and with so much series out there, you have to make your homework  choosing the right ones and be wise buying them at the starting price. Moreover, the market for them is a niche and for example 2000 for the Witcher at a price  of 360€ (last seen on Powercoin) is way too much for me, and  unless you buy it for your pleasure, this is not a wise investisment for flipping and you will have to keep it forever . Stay with a low mintage for these (500).   

I have made really good business flipping some of them (x2) , but I have also burned my fingers with some others. I still have a nice profit  in the whole picture, but it is easy to loose a lot of money with them !  

Two things to be aware of :

i) the Witcher series of books and RPG games have a huge fan base (and originate in Poland) and are very adult; the games are considered the best ever in the  genre on PC and consoles;

ii) Netflixs next big tv release is the Witcher TV series premiering next month costing the same to make as Game of Thrones, starring Henry Cavill as the lead character (Geralt) with seven series in the pipe.:  

I too wish they were one of the 500 mintage series - then I'd be all in. Do not underestimate however the size of the fan base for the subject matter and its imminent growth. I'm very, very tempted.

19 hours ago, jacksj1 said:

Soooo....  went on  sale this morning, now sold out within a couple of hours.

Still available at powercoin at 360€ (they sell these coins one by one and increment the price after each sale, so no sale for this one since I talked about it, or at least they have a big allocation and don't increment the price at the moment) in comparaison, the Lyu Bu is now on sale at 800€. When it started at 350€,  up to 460€, it was sold out within seconds, and I can say that I had to be really really fast getting it at these "low" prices. 

Upon my experience, for these coin lagging prices,  I think that we will probably find the Witcher at lower prices on ebay later. Now, I could be surprised, as for the first "Gods" Ares which was not in high demand  at first...but the mintage was also only 500

You could still get it directly from the Mint of Gdansk, should be a bit cheaper as well, some 337 €. Here:

https://mennica-gdanska.pl/en/world-coins/1947-thelastwish-thewitcher.html

Not sure about the exact shipping cost, it shows 14.50 zl (for some reason it refuses to switch to €, but that doesn't matter). I have never ordered from them, so I can't say anything more.

I really like the reverse of this coin and that it comes in a nice box. What I dislike is the obverse and the price. But it could become quite popular with the series incoming. 

Archived