• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver after brexit

StackingItAll

Have you ever seen customs checks returning to the UK from a cruise ?
Collect your luggage in a warehouse and straight to your car.
No limit on number of bags and weights.
Short train ride from Zeebrugge to Bruges for sight seeing and souvenir hunting !
Maybe a sniffer dog if the cruise stopped in Amsterdam but not necessarily trained to find metals only wacky backy ?
Just saying ....

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Have you ever seen customs checks returning to the UK from a cruise ?
Collect your luggage in a warehouse and straight to your car.
No limit on number of bags and weights.
Short train ride from Zeebrugge to Bruges for sight seeing and souvenir hunting !
Maybe a sniffer dog if the cruise stopped in Amsterdam but not necessarily trained to find metals only wacky backy ?
Just saying ....

I'm in holland maybe 6 times a year visiting friends etc. Most of time I take my motorhome with me and have never been checked other than is there people in your van you dont know about. I dont mind the check as nothing to hide cant stand weed or any type of illegal drugs. Brexit IMO will cause less due diligence from authorities as it could be hectic at ports and things slip when rushing people through. As far as I'm aware nothing will actually change for the first year or so with us leaving due to agreements on freedom of movement.

Never mind Brexit and all the politics.....

I just want to go to Belgium, buy some cheap silver, stock up with a couple of cases of decent wine for Christmas, and enjoy "a good lunch" before the return leg to Blighty :D

Being based down here on the South Coast, the Channel Tunnel would be an attractive option for me - would this suit anyone else?

43 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

Never mind Brexit and all the politics.....

I just want to go to Belgium, buy some cheap silver, stock up with a couple of cases of decent wine for Christmas, and enjoy "a good lunch" before the return leg to Blighty :D

Being based down here on the South Coast, the Channel Tunnel would be an attractive option for me - would this suit anyone else?

I'm on the West Coast of Scotland and an eight hour drive away from the channel tunnel 😭

Having drove coaches over to Europe and back I can confirm that customs checks at Dover are very basic.  Quick look for immigrants and a run of a sniffer dog for drugs. 

I think it will be down to common sense really, don't try coming back driving a giant bar of 999 🤣

7 hours ago, StackingItAll said:

I'm in holland maybe 6 times a year visiting friends etc. Most of time I take my motorhome with me and have never been checked other than is there people in your van you dont know about. I dont mind the check as nothing to hide cant stand weed or any type of illegal drugs. Brexit IMO will cause less due diligence from authorities as it could be hectic at ports and things slip when rushing people through. As far as I'm aware nothing will actually change for the first year or so with us leaving due to agreements on freedom of movement.

That freedom of movement already isn't applicable to the UK, as they aren't a part of Schengen. So I'm not too sure nothing will actually change in terms of checks when Brexit is going to happen at some point.

Heck, I rather don't see anything change in the first year or so because it may still take that long before the British parliament can agree on a timing when to let Brexit actually get cracking... 

6 hours ago, Nemo86 said:

I'm on the West Coast of Scotland and an eight hour drive away from the channel tunnel 😭

Having drove coaches over to Europe and back I can confirm that customs checks at Dover are very basic.  Quick look for immigrants and a run of a sniffer dog for drugs. 

I think it will be down to common sense really, don't try coming back driving a giant bar of 999 🤣

Suppose taking the ferry from Newcastle upon Tyne to IJmuiden is a more doable option for you then (still a considerable drive from the west coast of Scotland, but better than nothing I suppose). Not sure how strict those checks are though. 

We aren't leaving at the end of the month - so keep stacking. We aren't going anywhere this year - keep stacking. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

5 hours ago, sixgun said:

We aren't leaving at the end of the month - so keep stacking. We aren't going anywhere this year - keep stacking. 

Well know for SURE today ! If EU (most likely) grant further delay!

I am hovering over the send button for an order to EU mint!!!  😉

Archived