• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/2 Oz Britannia

AurumArgenti

6 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

Just a general question does anybody bother with 1/2 Oz gold Britannia coins? I haven't really seen many for sale. UK bullion dealers don't seem to carry many or if any in stock?

i have 2

2 hours ago, AurumArgenti said:

I've had a quick scout around and the Royal Mint tends to be the cheapest for 1/2 Britannia coins. That's kind of odd in it's own right in my very limited experience? The Royal Mint tends to be more expensive as a rule?

I've never been able to find 1/2 silver Brits on Royal Mint's site.

I've never understood why the RM don't go the whole silver in 1/2's, 1/4's etc.

I don't like any of that Mexican silver/gold stuff, but the only thing I do like about it is they have a full range of different silver and gold oz sizes - 1oz's, 1/2oz's, 1/4oz's, 1/10oz's, 1/20oz's. If I were to change stacking habits for an economic collapse, I would be much more inclined to go for those as they make more sense.

With silver being relatively cheap I can't see the demand being high. I can't see a 1/4 Oz silver being that economical to produce and supply either?

8 minutes ago, tallyhojim said:

I've never understood why the RM don't go the whole silver in 1/2's, 1/4's etc.

I don't like any of that Mexican silver/gold stuff, but the only thing I do like about it is they have a full range of different silver and gold oz sizes - 1oz's, 1/2oz's, 1/4oz's, 1/10oz's, 1/20oz's. If I were to change stacking habits for an economic collapse, I would be much more inclined to go for those as they make more sense.

Archived